Kinda wish I was deer hunting this weekend.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
We've got fresh snow on the ground. The deer hunting should be good this firearm season in this part of Illinois. For those guys who are hunting, good luck.

Patrick,
I hunt just across the Mississippi River from you, but live in St. Louis. How much snow did you get up there? This weekend is the last 2 days of MZ hunting in MO. If I were seeing anything at all, I'd definitely give you an invite to come over. However, I've yet to see a deer in the past 3 weekends of hunting! This has been the worst year ever for me and my brother hunting this property. When I get my Imperial Whitetail Clover replanted this spring, I'll definitely get you an invite over to hunt with us next MZ season. I've read about your difficulties in obtaining permission to hunt your usual place, and certainly appreciate your efforts on this board. Hopefully, we can get together for next year on my place.

We've got about an inch, inch and a half here. It was snowing up to a half hour ago, but has stopped. It's just perfect for deer hunting. Heck if it were legal I'd be out rabbit hunting right now. All the seasons except coyote close down during 1st and second firearm seasons.

I appreciate the offer. Next year's still a ways away. I know I've got a hog hunt in April down in Tennesee and Pat Allen (Indianahunter) and I are talking about maybe doing an Indiana muzzleloader hunt for next year. I'll certainly keep it in mind though. It'd be a closer drive. :lol:

Latest posts

Back