Knight breech plug ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire*guy

Reaction score
I have this one breech plug that I have acquired along the way, I know its from knight and I believe its 209 for a long range hunter or a disc ? Which bolt would it work with ? Which adapter would the bolt use ? I had a bolt with my long rang hunter that had a metal adapter that would lock into the bolt to hold I believe a 209 primer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... if its something I can identify and someone has a need 20210312_181104.jpg20210312_181140.jpgI will put it up for sale.

Are you thinking a Mk85 with the point on the end of the plunger ?

I would really have to force a 209 primer in the hold ,I cant do it by hand .... how would this happen how would it come out after being fired ?
Sorry for all the questions...20210312_183944.jpg

To me it looks like the one that use to come with the Bighorn and I think the Winchester 209 is the one that worked with it. The Bighorn plunger had the point.

So, the only pointed plunger I have is a MK-85.
The primer I tried was a CCI

So if this breech plug goes to this gun , after its shot how well does the 209 primer come out of the hole ?20210312_200752.jpg

There is a small metal capper/decapper tool that is used to install and remover the primer. I’ll see if I can find a picture.

Thanks guys, I didn't realize that there where so many different types of systems fron Knight.

I have multi knight rifles, only one convertered to 209 primer. My others are #11 percussion cap.
I would think that its almost impossible to find Winchester 209 primes now days anyways ?

Latest posts

Back