knight combo tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was wondering if any of you have modified your knight 9.5 inch combo tool for removing the breech plug. it has a hole to put a rod or screw driver through to turn it but im always afraid of slipping and scratching the stock. i was thinking of welding a socket end on so i could just use a ratchet to loosen or tighten, any ideas???

Ratchet_Setup.jpg

1/4" ratchet, long extension, 7/16" Deep Socket.

i was wondering if any of you have modified your knight 9.5 inch combo tool for removing the breech plug. it has a hole to put a rod or screw driver through to turn it but im always afraid of slipping and scratching the stock. i was thinking of welding a socket end on so i could just use a ratchet to loosen or tighten, any ideas???
Are you talking 209 or #11 cap?

I was bleed some time ago when a friend gave me some surplus socket sets. I have sockets with extensions set up for two of my in-line muzzle loaders. The third requires a special tool made by CVA to remove the breach plug and I haven't created a special socket for it yet.

Another thing that I do when I prepare to clean my muzzle loaders, I remove the action from the stock. This way I don't have to worry about chemicals or water damaging my furniture.

I saw in another thread you had a bolt rifle. Yup a 7/16 1/4 drive deep socket is the way to go. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back