Jag - Cleaning/Loading Combo

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK85

Reaction score
I have the short TC cleaning jag (1st two pics). Without drilling a concave hole in it, if I want a combo jag that will 'Minimally' increase the overall end-end rod length and at the same time give me polymer tip bullet loading capability, which of the last two pics should I choose? Of the last two, the short one (TC) says Cleaning and Seating but I've never seen a knurling (for cleaning ?) in place of jagged ridges like pics 1&2 no. And the longest (last pic, Knight) - is that a 2 piece deal? if so I'd increase total rod length by probably an inch. The ad doesn't say and hold time for phone calls adding up. Thanks for any input if you have time!
1635376755374.png

Attachments

• thompson-center-universal-loading-tip_1021x681.jpg
    thompson-center-universal-loading-tip_1021x681.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
  • M900038-39-40-cleaning-jag2.jpg
    M900038-39-40-cleaning-jag2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
Correction: Now 3 pics total. I have pic 1. I'm questioning pics 2 & 3.

Thank you. What I wanted to confirm - it does work well for cleaning. Thanks again!

Cleaning jag, (long) & Barnes T-EZ bullet loading jag, (short). I carry them in a ziplock bag when hunting. Ram rod with palm saver is on the rifle.

8iZ62lJh.jpg

So you got 3 pieces: extension, jag, seater - it looks like. Cool.

If the current ramrod works for loading, (depending on bullets you are shooting) you don't need to add anything until you swab or clean. Some folks use bullets that require a special loading jag, and the short one will barely extend your rod and can stay on if you want.
Knight also makes the factory extendable ramrods, which are great in my opinion. You can extend it out and swab on the bench or in the field, and it goes back in and the ramrod is flush with the barrel end. No need to carry extra stuff... although its not much of a big deal to do so (as others mentioned).

Back