Knight disc elite .50 cal loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elite 45 with Win209s.
Win209Elite45-3.jpg

Extreme 50 with WinT7s
WinT7-110grBH209.jpg

I got the fast twist 45 covered too. ;)

GM54-120 said:
Elite 45 with Win209s.
Win209Elite45-3.jpg

Extreme 50 with WinT7s
WinT7-110grBH209.jpg

Which 1 of these primers are best for knight extreme with the new conversion kit,50cal? Using BH209 powder. WinT7 or Win209s? Currently have cci magnum 209 primers. Getting some blowback, seems worst on 1 side of primer. Do I need to shim the primer holder? Adapter slides in real easy. Thanks for any advice.

Hoosierhunter

Use Win209s with BH209 and the Lehigh designed bare primer conversion. I used WinT7s just for testing to see if i could make it fail and to test for blowby.

I got a little blowby also with CCI primers. Fed209A primers were slightly better than the CCI209Ms if you really want a mag primer.

Will the win209s ignite properly when in cold weather? 10 thru 20 degrees?
I'm using 100gr bh209 by volume,ccimag 209 primer & not sure if I even need mag primers.
Just what I heard (elsewhere) was needed to properly ignite 209.
I like how clean your primers look after being fired!

Ive used a Win209 down into the 20s and left the gun out all night in the cold. IMO if the flash channel is clean, it will go bang with the Lehigh plug.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll have to find/buy some win209s & give them a try.
A clean breechplug is a must for me. Let alone a clean rifle. I do like to have a new load starting out in the morning. Don't get to hunt everyday.

Latest posts

Back