knight disc extreme 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerjackie

Reaction score
anyone shoot a knight disc extreme that can tell me a no bs load combo for a new gun. just bought it and want the best results i can get. also any extra accurizing ideas would be greatly appreciated . thanks. it is 50 cal.

I have several Disc Extremes from 45cal to 50cal The first thing I do Before I even Stoot them is to Float the Barrle And make sure that the stock is not touching the barrle but just at the barrle lug. I will sand the inside of the stock or use a thin shim to ftoat . You want to be able to slide a dollor bill between stock & barrle all the way to the lug if you can do this then you are ready to start working up some loads !
A great load in my Extreme is 95gr 2fg loose 777 & a 250gr & 290gr Spitfire TMZ But Very Expensive bullets
Another super load is a 44cal. .430 300gr Xtp & .45cal .452 300gr Gold Dot with same powder charge
With these bullets & powder charges I was Able to shoot 1" shot groups at 100yds

My .50 cal Extreme likes Triple 7 3F from 90-110 grains with either Barnes 250 0r 300 grainers (Knight Ultra) or Harvester crush rib sabots and 300 gr Hornady XTPs. Both the Hornadys and Knights (Barnes) shoot to the same point of aim.

Latest posts

Back