Knight Disc Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtiger

Reaction score
First I want to thank everyone for their wealth of knowledge concerning
Muzzleloading. It has been of great assistance.
Does anyone know if Knight makes or made a Disc Extreme with a 24 inch barrel? :?:

The 24" Barrle is on the Original Disc Rifle !
The Extreme has a 26" Barrle !
But the Original can be converted over to a Extreme with a $85 convertion Kit.

Ron

I'm thinking there are a few 24 inch Disc Extremes out there...

Only made in the 26" barrel and they are Stamped on the barrel
Knight D.I.S.C. Extreme

Watch out for the converted ones..

People buying the conversion kit and trying to selling them as Extremes models

big6x6 said:

There are none. Gamegetter is right on. There ARE 22", 24", and 26" Knight Disc rifles that can be converted to the Extreme ignition system.

I have a Knight Magnum Disc Rifle with a 26' SS barrel,some people try to call it a Extreme,But it is not a Extreme,the Extreme Model took it's place.the main diffrence is it Has a Monte Carlo Stock[comb] with a cheekpiece and use's the Orange Primer Disc.And the Use of the C tool to take the bolt apart.But i think it is a much better looking gun,because of the Stock Diffrence between the two models,Infact if the Extreme Model would of ever come out with the Monte Carlo comb and cheekpiece,I would have jump all over it right off the bat but it didn't :)
gamegetter said:
Only made in the 26" barrel and they are Stamped on the barrel
Knight D.I.S.C. Extreme

Watch out for the converted ones..

People buying the conversion kit and trying to selling them as Extremes models

The DISC EXTREME has the red disc's..
I bought mine the first year they came out..
The end of 2001..
I had to wait 3 weeks to get from Knight....

Here is mine ::

9964zKinght_DISC_Extreme.jpg

Gamegetter

Nice looking rifle, what type of scope and mounts do you have on it :?:

Patrick White said:
big6x6 said:

There are none. Gamegetter is right on. There ARE 22", 24", and 26" Knight Disc rifles that can be converted to the Extreme ignition system.

Maybe not then. The reason I say that are ads such as THIS:

24 inch Disc Extreme

I see ads like that from time to time.

They probably don't know WHAT they really have.

It has a Bushnell 1.5x4.5 40 scope and Redfield scope rings and mounts..

big6x6,, that why I said, check the stamping on the barrel.

If it don't say D.I.S.C. EXTREME.. it's not one..
But someone adding the conversion kit on others and trying to sell it as a Extreme has been a big problem lately..

Alot of ripoff artists out there!!!!!

big6x6 that is a Knight Magnum Disc Rifle,they did make a few with/use's the Extreme Type Bolt and use's the Red Primer Disc just like the EXtreme.How ever Knight nerver Call them the Extreme Model, this model was Dis Continue to make room For the Extreme Model that took it's place.There are alot of Pep's that like this model better.[me for one]Because of the stock diffrence over the stright back/plain stock of the Extreme Model.They are not just good gun's they are GREAT gun's and no one should ever think they are less of a Gun than a Extreme is. :)
big6x6 said:
Patrick White said:
big6x6 said:

24 inch Disc Extreme

big6x6 said:

24 inch Disc Extreme

You can tell by the stock. Disc rifles have the better stock IMO. Disc Extremes have the ambi stock design. The only time you can't tell by the stock is on the thumbhole models since both can have it.

yes they do have a 24 inch disc extreme. I bought one from Knight Rifle couple years ago. Stamped on the barrel . One of the best rifles in my collection of muzzleloaders.

hunter,
Then you have the only one ever made..

Show us a picture of the rifle and the stamping on the barrel..
Here is mine:::

disc_extreme.jpg

I JUST PULLED THE RIFLE OUT AGAIN AND MEASURED THE BARREL AND IT IS 24 INCH BARREL AND STAMPED DISC EXTREME. IT USES THE RED JACKET 209. MY SERIAL NO. IS IN THE LOW 005000. THEY ONLY MADE A FEW OF THEM.
WHEN I ORDERED THE GUN FROM KNIGHT, I WANTED A 26 INCH BARREL BUT WHEN I RECIEVED IT , IT WAS 24 INCH. I CALLED KNIGHT TO ASK ABOUT THE RETURNING THE GUN FOR A 26 INCH, BUT AFTER SOME CONVERSATION WITH THEM, I DECIDED TO KEEP IT. TWO WEEKS LATER I SHOT A NICE DEER WITH IT. I CALLED KNIGHT AND ORDER A STAINLESS 26 INCH DISC EXTREME. I REALLY LIKE THE 24 INCH EXTREME BETTER.

My Ser # is under 001500..

Sounds like you were lucky someone made a boo-boo with yours then.

I checked Knights reference value book and can't find anything about them even making a few..

Put some pictures up, Would like to see both of them together..

S0004XX :lol: I got mine as soon as Cabela's listed it on their website. I didn't like the ambi stock and figured I'd try the thumbhole stock. I had wanted a regular Disc stock since they are very good.

Knight never listed a 24" Disc Extreme anywhere, not in their catalog, no dealer had them listed, and certainly not on their website. I'd have to see the markings and a side by side with a 26" Extreme to believe it.

Call up Knight,,
Last year I called Knight about checking a rifle I was going to buy for my Nephew.
Some guy was trying to pass a Original DISC for a Extreme ..
After giving them the Ser #, the young man confirmed it was not a Extreme..
3 weeks later I received a copy of reference magazine that shows all the model/ ser #'s and data on all models that were made from 2000 to 2006.

Patrick, That's were I saw them first also. Every time I ordered from Cabala's , they were on back order..
So I order mine from Knight directly.. Best move I every made..

Latest posts

Back