Knight Disc Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick White: What do you mean by ambi stock design? No cheek rest? My Disc Extreme (S/S & camo) has a RH cheek rest. I was kind of ticked when I got it (I shoot LH) as Knight told me it was ambi before I ordered it!!! Really no problem, since the comb isn't raised; besides, it shoots so good I won't part with it! Would have preferred it w/o cheek rest for looks.

I have a question. Will the stock from the older disc rifles fit any of the newer disc extemes?
Thanks, Art

Contact Knight Rifles Customer Service at
(641) 856-2626 Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm Central Time.

They could tell you better and which models can be used if possible..

coltchris said:
Patrick White: What do you mean by ambi stock design? No cheek rest? My Disc Extreme (S/S & camo) has a RH cheek rest. I was kind of ticked when I got it (I shoot LH) as Knight told me it was ambi before I ordered it!!! Really no problem, since the comb isn't raised; besides, it shoots so good I won't part with it! Would have preferred it w/o cheek rest for looks.

The designs are more ambi than the old stocks were. The old ones were particularly bad if you were left handed.

Really what diffrence does it make ?The MagnumSiac rifle came just before the Extreme did,they both have the same Green Mountain Barrel.The Magnum Disc Rifle shoot's just as good and orperates just as
Slick.It or most of the Magnum Disc Rifle use's the Orange Primer Disc and even some of the very last one's started useing the Red Disc Primer Disc just like the Extreme use's today.Other than the use of the C tool to take the bolt apart.The Knight's Coutomer Service Guy Told me to save my money and stay with the Orange Disc.Infact he was right.it seals off compleatly and mine has no blowback.HE WAS RIGHT

SwampFox said:
Really what diffrence does it make ?

The difference is folks are advertising Extremes and they are getting Discs with an Extreme ignition system. Usually with a short barrel length. IIRC someone on this board bought a "Extreme" that turned out to be an upgraded Disc.

This is like paying for a Pro Hunter and getting a standard Encore.

Well my Magnum Disc Rifle has a 26" SS barrel,i have had peps tell me Knight nerver made a disc Rifle with the 26" Barrel.that is pure BS.
Gun's and refrence manual's are like Car Parts book's They are close but not Chisel in Stone.Makes and model's that come out Late in the life of a model/make of a GUN as well as a Car parts ,get thing's change around useing up over stock old parts and useing the newer tool up parts,that are and were nerver documented.I have ran into this problem for over 30+ years of working gun's.But this does not mean just because one does not see it in Refrence Manual or parts book,That it is not nor has it ever been such a thing.It is HIGHLY likely that Knight made a few 24" Barrel Extreme's.No one nor even Knight could tell you are any body else with 100% curtain.That this nerver did nor could it ever happen are did happen for if they did, they would either be lieing are did not know any better:)
Patrick White said:
SwampFox said:
Really what diffrence does it make ?

The difference is folks are advertising Extremes and they are getting Discs with an Extreme ignition system. Usually with a short barrel length. IIRC someone on this board bought a "Extreme" that turned out to be an upgraded Disc.

This is like paying for a Pro Hunter and getting a standard Encore.

I TOOK A COUPLE PICTURE OF MY DISC EXTREME WITH THE 24 INCH BARREL AND THE STAMPED DISC EXTREME, BUT CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PICTURE HERE.

SwampFox said:
Well my Magnum Disc Rifle has a 26" SS barrel,i have had peps tell me Knight nerver made a disc Rifle with the 26" Barrel.that is pure BS.
Gun's and refrence manual's are like Car Parts book's They are close but not Chisel in Stone.Makes and model's that come out Late in the life of a model/make of a GUN as well as a Car parts ,get thing's change around useing up over stock old parts and useing the newer tool up parts,that are and were nerver documented.I have ran into this problem for over 30+ years of working gun's.But this does not mean just because one does not see it in Refrence Manual or parts book,That it is not nor has it ever been such a thing.It is HIGHLY likely that Knight made a few 24" Barrel Extreme's.No one nor even Knight could tell you are any body else with 100% curtain.That this nerver did nor could it ever happen are did happen for if they did, they would either be lieing are did not know any better:)

Knight did make 26" Discs for the last couple years before the Extreme. I know several folks who have them. However the 24" version is the most common. A couple years ago I was helping someone try to find a 26" Stainless Disc rifle for his son. I looked everywhere I could think of and couldn't find one. I found a few blued rifles but most of the rifles I found were 24" versions. I also found a few 22" versions. He ended up buying an Extreme for him and after shooting it another for himself.

If Knight made 24" Extremes they didn't advertise them or sell them at any dealer. The Extremes were advertised as having a 26" barrel. To sell a 24" barreled Extreme to a dealer would have been dishonest. If they made them then they sold them on their website or at the year end sales Knight held in Iowa.

hunter said:
I TOOK A COUPLE PICTURE OF MY DISC EXTREME WITH THE 24 INCH BARREL AND THE STAMPED DISC EXTREME, BUT CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PICTURE HERE.

Send them to me. [email protected]

you are right, I bought the extreme from customer service knight rifle who had a special on them. I thought I was getting a 26 inch barrel. but instead was a 24 inch barrel. I called them to return the gun, but decided to keep it after they told me I would only lose about 50 fps. The gun is quick to point especially in a blind. I have bought several guns through the customer service dept. at knight in Iowa. Now another company bought knight and moved location. I now have bought 7 knight rifles over the years, almost every white rifle, and many thompson center. I enjoy muzzleloading to the fullest, maybe when I get retired hopefully this year I can spent my time shooting them. I have about 30 some muzzleloaders and about a dozen I have not even got out of the box to shot. I sort of got carried away today on talking

hunter?

What's you got in Whites? I've got some 91's, 97's, tominators and a t-bolt. plus a few other brands

In the White Rifles

1 White Super 91 Limited Edition .451 cal.
1 White Super 91 .451 cal.
1 White Thunderbolt .451 cal.
1 White Blacktail 97 Hunter .504 cal.
1 White 98 Elite Hunter .451 cal.
3 White Whitetail .504
1 White Bison .504

All are Black Teflon coated except 1 Whitetail and 1 Bison

hunter yer in good company :wink: :wink: my current count is 4 knight rifles, 2 whites, 2 GM barrels and a GM small game hunter, and ... at least 5 t/c's (kinda lose count)

Latest posts

Back