Knight information wanted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow

Reaction score
Can anyone supply me the following knight disc rifle information :
#1) detailed pictures of a knight forked lug
#2) are the disc series rifles marked with rates of twist on the 45 cal models that varied in twist rate over the course of production AND what they were ? Any identifiers for them other than physical measurement ?
#3) what stocks were offered such as wood , composite , or laminate ?
#4) what visable difference if any , or measurement differences are there between a disc bolt and the extreme
bolt ?
#5) what models were offered in 54 cal ?
Thank you for your assistance !!!

Last edited:
Knight offers several stocks in wood, both TH and straight. They offer a few in composite TH also for much less. You can also buy a Boyds in TH or straight but those probably need the lug inletting done. Bodys will also need a pad upgrade. That hard rubber thing on the end is barely a recoil pad.

Extreme bolt pulls back when opened to pull the red FPJ off the nipple. Its machined differently. DISC bolt does not. It just tilts up and does not pull back.

Knight never made a DISC, Elite or Extreme in 54cal. If you can find a older 50cal or 52cal Long Range hunter you would have most of the parts for a direct swap. LRH barrels also have the forked lug.

Knight offers several stocks in wood, both TH and straight. They offer a few in composite TH also for much less. You can also buy a Boyds in TH or straight but those probably need the lug inletting done. Bodys will also need a pad upgrade. That hard rubber thing on the end is barely a recoil pad.

Extreme bolt pulls back when opened to pull the red FPJ off the nipple. Its machined differently.

Knight never made a DISC, Elite or Extreme in 54cal. If you can find a older 50cal or 52cal Long Range hunter you would have most of the parts for a direct swap. LRH barrels also have the forked lug.
GM54--120 I was short on funds one day and held a extreme in 54 in my hands . Not enough for the seller . It wasnt the 20" carbine either . 24 or 26 in it was , had a black syn thumbhole stock and was ss . Fime time to be low on dough . NIB $ 300 .!!!

Knight never sold one in 54cal. They sold the Extreme in 52cal though. That is why i bought the Green Mountain 54cal. Its the same gun with a nicer stock, jeweled bolt and nicer trigger. I gave $425 for it shipped in a hard case. Brand spanking new from GMB. The pretty laminate stock is still like new. Dropped it right in a TH composite as soon as i got it.

Knight never sold one in 54cal. They sold the Extreme in 52cal though. That is why i bought the Green Mountain 54cal. Its the same gun with a nicer stock, jeweled bolt and nicer trigger. I gave $425 for it shipped in a hard case. Brand spanking new from GMB. The pretty laminate stock is till like new. Dropped it right in a TH composite as soon as i got it.
I dunno . I STILL have nightmares over that one . Honest to God it was a 54 !!! Hit a buddy up for $50 more the next day and it was GONE........

Ive never seen one listed ever. Not for sale or in any Knight catalog. Ive seen a few things Knight never offered to the public. Such as a 50cal in a 1-24 twist prototype and a Bighorn 45cal light contour barrel they made for Sportmans. Looked liked they took Elite 45s and only machined them for plunger internals. Quite simple to have done actually.

Ive never seen one listed ever. Not for sale or in any Knight catalog. Ive seen a few things Knight never offered to the public. Such as a 50cal in a 1-24 twist prototype and a Bighorn 45cal light contour barrel they made for Sportmans. Looked liked they took Elite 45s and only machined them for plunger internals. Quite simple to have done actually.
I havent seen those but i dont doubt it . We are tit for tat on this one lol !!! A few years ago i called GM trying to buy a barrel for the bk--92 and they said they never made them or current production either !!! I nearly fell on the floor !!! Thats has been a big claim of knight for years !!! I didnt know what to think of this , still dont .

Wasn't the BK made in Spain? One of those very early base model Knights Tony had made overseas. If it was the BK them it probably did not have a GM barrel.

The only Knight .54cals I have ever seen were the MK-85 and the MK-95. The MK-95 is very hard to find, only took me 10 years to get mine. The Mk-85 can be found pretty often on GB.

Nope it wasn't the black knight that was made in Spain. There was the T-5 that was made in Italy, it never went over very well.
There are 54 caliber lk-93s as well as the mk 85s and 95s

T-5, that's the one I was thinking about, heck even got the country wrong.:wall: And your right I forgot about the .54 LK's too. CRS is really getting a hold on me.:(

Does anyone have good pics of the forked lug ??? How about info on 45 twist rates ???

IMG_1375_zpsvtjl1bdx.jpg

Guys you rock !!!! Thank you for your expertise and taking the time to share it !!!

That lug is one someone welded on an Extreme or DISC but it is an Elite/LRH/Mountaineer/UltraLite lug.

The serial numbers given are for DISC Original ONLY aka Super DISC. Not Extreme or Elites.

All Elites are 1-30
All Extremes are 1-30 except a few target models which were 1-18.

That lug is one someone welded on an Extreme or DISC but it is an Elite/LRH/Mountaineer/UltraLite lug.

The serial numbers given are for DISC Original ONLY aka Super DISC. Not Extreme or Elites.

All Elites are 1-30
All Extremes are 1-30 except a few target models which were 1-18.
Sorry, i forgot to specify that.

The BK-92 came in .54 caliber. They also offered them as unfinished "kit" rifles. I work with a guy that has had one since they were first available.

The BK-92 came in .54 caliber. They also offered them as unfinished "kit" rifles. I work with a guy that has had one since they were first available.
Mine came finished as a 54 . My buddy had a 50 . Great values for tbe day . Mine was a birtbday gift from my folks . I'll never part with it . I hated to modify it but no one would make another barrel . I gave myself power steering and it became a 50 with a new 700 uml take off barrel for $50 . Cut off the rem threads+ and rethread so to speak . I lost maybe 1/4" of working bore . Well i came this far so it got a brake too and a redesigned plug for blackhorn or #11 use . The brake looks like it came off a civil war 6 pounder cannon . Very cool with the fluted barrel . The tiger stripped maple stock is extremely lite and reshaped too . It is handsome !! It shoots wonderfull and is under 7 lb scoped easily probably less . Its old and a little tough to use with the ignition but its a hot rod and worth the trouble to use . Im a professional level gear head racer , and it shows....in all it does and is . 140grV blackhorn , 275gr bullet and easy moa@200 . I like it . Now i want a 45 so hence the info . A smart guy would just buy the Ultralite 45 and call it good . I got PLANS:)

Back