Knight information wanted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came finished as a 54 . My buddy had a 50 . Great values for tbe day . Mine was a birtbday gift from my folks . I'll never part with it . I hated to modify it but no one would make another barrel . I gave myself power steering and it became a 50 with a new 700 uml take off barrel for $50 . Cut off the rem threads+ and rethread so to speak . I lost maybe 1/4" of working bore . Well i came this far so it got a brake too and a redesigned plug for blackhorn or #11 use . The brake looks like it came off a civil war 6 pounder cannon . Very cool with the fluted barrel . The tiger stripped maple stock is extremely lite and reshaped too . It is handsome !! It shoots wonderfull and is under 7 lb scoped easily probably less . Its old and a little tough to use with the ignition but its a hot rod and worth the trouble to use . Im a professional level gear head racer , and it shows....in all it does and is . 140grV blackhorn , 275gr bullet and easy moa@200 . I like it . Now i want a 45 so hence the info . A smart guy would just buy the Ultralite 45 and call it good . I got PLANS:)

Sounds cool...post some pics!

Sounds cool...post some pics!
I would but its already north at the hunting cabin (Michigan) . Sorry !!! Our opener for gun is the 15th . Muzzleloader is after that in December. Itll be awile before i can say " cheese " !!! Lol !!!

Can anyone supply me the following knight disc rifle information :
#1) detailed pictures of a knight forked lug
#2) are the disc series rifles marked with rates of twist on the 45 cal models that varied in twist rate over the course of production AND what they were ? Any identifiers for them other than physical measurement ?
#3) what stocks were offered such as wood , composite , or laminate ?
#4) what visable difference if any , or measurement differences are there between a disc bolt and the extreme
bolt ?
#5) what models were offered in 54 cal ?
Thank you for your assistance !!!

A little late, but I ran across some 10+ year old pics I busted out of Photobucket jail.

The forked lug on my .45 cal Elite and the rectangle lug on my .50 cal Extreme MHC both use the same exact stock. They are the black ones shown, and the barrel channels are exactly the same.

The camo stock is from an earlier Extreme that I dropped my original D.I.S.C. .45 cal 1:20 twist into. It's obviously not inletted for the forked lug. The Extreme MHC will fit in that stock, but they are both a hair tighter, due to the base coat paint for the camo dip.

Real easy to see the difference, and it would not be hard to inlet for the forked lug.

View attachment 6061
View attachment 6062
View attachment 6068
View attachment 6069

A little late, but I ran across some 10+ year old pics I busted out of Photobucket jail.

The forked lug on my .45 cal Elite and the rectangle lug on my .50 cal Extreme MHC both use the same exact stock. They are the black ones shown, and the barrel channels are exactly the same.

The camo stock is from an earlier Extreme that I dropped my original D.I.S.C. .45 cal 1:20 twist into. It's obviously not inletted for the forked lug. The Extreme MHC will fit in that stock, but they are both a hair tighter, due to the base coat paint for the camo dip.

Real easy to see the difference, and it would not be hard to inlet for the forked lug.

View attachment 6061
View attachment 6062
View attachment 6068
View attachment 6069
Thank you sir !!!

View attachment 6061
View attachment 6062
View attachment 6068
View attachment 6069
The Blessing of a good friend can be so amazing !!! My buddy Marc gave me a knight disc last night that is literally like new !!! Blue/ black syn. Stock , a 50 cal . I am so very "got" by his gift !!! Look like maybe a 50 cal bullet on bore rifle to me will have to be investigated !!! Mr. Fury .......

Back