Knight Long Range Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzle

Reaction score
I am about to buy a Knight Long Range Hunter .50. Anyone have one of these or shot one. I will be using it here in Colorado for Elk and Mule deer and using Powerbelts.

I owned TC Omega's and A&H's but the only Knight I have owned is the TK2000.

Any help or opinions on the Knight LRH will be helpful. One thing I like is they make it in left handed.

Thanks

My friend has one and I've only handled it but no shot it, the trigger was nice and is wider than the one on my Elite and the rifle itself wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. He hasnt shot it much since he has yet to order a scope (he wants a Nikon Monarch Titanium because he likes monarchs and wants something that will match the gun, I know he'll get the 5.5-16.5X 44mm if he does :roll: ) but I think he's going to slap a 3-9 on it for now if he can find a set of bases around here.

I'm suppose to go hunting with him this evening if I get ahold of him and finish this final I'm working on, I'll report back if I do.

I've been able to pattern at 200 yds with my Knight Revolution II. (<4 inch, off the bench). I would expect their long range version to do even better. Very similar barrels.

Knight Long Range Rifle

Howdy,
I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, I was having trouble deciding between the Pro Hunter and the Long Range. I decided to go with the Master Hunter, they had one in stock and I was able to handle it. I just liked the two optional thumb hole stock idea, thought the synthetic would be nice for the Winter Months. I would still be very interested in hearing your opinion on the Long Range once you get a chance to use it. I would still be very interested in that model.

Thanks,
Mike

Long Range Hunter

I read this post yesterday on another forum, this is what he posted. That gun is really hard to find information on. That was the gun I really wanted to get but no one had it around here to even handle. I hated to just order one without handling it. It sure looks like a beauty though, might make the short list for next year. :lol:

Here is from the other post:

"Yes, I bought one and finally had time to play with some loads. It shot an incredible .463" and .656" 3 shot groups with 300 gr Shockwaves @ 1800fps using T-7 FF. The 250 gr Ultimate Slams (Barns spitfire TMZ) that were reccomnded shot around 2". I still have more testing to do but it looks like it likes the heavier bullets better "

Mike

Back