Knight Master Hunter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onedown

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying another ML. I can't seem to find a Disc Elite anywhere, however, after talking with the guy at Knight over the phone he recommended the Extreme Master Hunter. Does anyone own one or has ever heard of this ML? I know Knigth discountinued making them.
I found one for $300. I'm looking for something like the Elite, for the accuracy. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The Knight Master hunter is as accurate as a Elite but it's not a floating barrel and has sights.
Taureau noir

I bought a master hunter about a month ago. They are a very nice gun and also nice looking. I always thought the fluted barrel was pretty sweet looking. The Knight dealer in Baldwin, WI bought out the remaining master hunters when Knight discontinued them. I think it is around 360 for one with a thunbhole, not sure how much without one. A customer of mine just called up and bought one from them last week so I know they ship them anywhere you need it to go. If you need contact information let me know and I can give you the info off their business card.

Lawson could you post the contact information for the dealer in Wisconsin?

GREGERSON ACE HARDWARE

(715) 684-3246
880 CEDAR STREET
BALDWIN, WI 54002

Saw an ad in one of our hunting newspapers. They have the regular stock for $300.

The Gander Mountian in Lansing, Michigan had (2) Knight Disk Ellite in their rack today. One was a .50 cal and one was a .45 cal. but I don't remember the color.

Thanks for the info. The Hardware store in WI was where I found the rifle for 300. From some of the older adds, it appears this rifle sold for 1000.

DMWood said:
The Gander Mountian in Lansing, Michigan had (2) Knight Disk Ellite in their rack today. One was a .50 cal and one was a .45 cal. but I don't remember the color.

Do you recall the asking price?

I PM him yesterday but not reply yet and the roads near Lansing are snow covered otherwise I would have checked today but I am heading home because the roads are bad. Hope he replies with a Price???

LFM

The gandermountain in Cedar Rapids, IA has an elite in a 45. I think the price on it is quite hefty though, I want to say the sticker is over 400 bucks. It has been there long enough I am sure they would deal on it.

Like the 50 Cal because of the more variety of sabots that are available,

But you are right they want a lot for the Disc Elite. got mine for 230.00 stainless with black composite stock and it came with Knight Rings and a Knight Sling... I was looking when Cabelas had it for over 400.00 for a blued one so this deal was too good to pass up... I added a thumbholed stock to it and a better breech plug. My friend has the original Knight Inline that can't be convert to a newer primer system...

Just wondering what the price is on the one in Lansing...

Seem they go quit when here in the classifieds...

LFM

LFM,
I was in the Gander today and didn't even look at the MLers. I was shopping for bows for my daughter and a shotgun for my son. Guess I should have looked at something for the Ol man huh. :lol: The roads were terrible going in thats for sure. If I hadn't been helping Santa get something hard to find I wouldn't have left the house this morning.

Just got off the phone with Gander Mountain in Lancing MI, and they said all they have are the Knight Revolutions.

Could it be in the USED Rack? Maybe they don't consider the used guns as having them??? Just a thought but thanks for the update. I will stop by there next weekend and take a look and see if they do or not. Don't think someone would confuse a Disc Elite for a Revolution but maybe a Extreme???

I will see what they do have and post what I find...

LFM

Sorry, I could not get back there until tonight. The Gander Mountian in Lansing has the following:

(1) Knight Disc Extreme .50 cal (Nickle? or SS?/Camo) $583.99
(1) Knight Disc Extreme .45 cal (Blue/Black) $535.99

I must've call a hundred Gander Mountains and various dealers yesterday & no one (that I could find) had a disc elite NIB. Gregerson Hardware called me today, really, really really nice folks and said the stocks were in (I'm a lefty so the thumbhole stocks don't feel right) so I got the master hunter for $300. I could find "Big Foot" hair easier than I could find an elite... :shock: I E-mailed Knight to see if the 90043 breach plug (Doomed) would fit and haven't got a reply yet. Their site list it fits a Revolution, and that's it. Does anyone have any good tips for the master hunter? Thanks for the replies. Hope everyone gets one stocking full of powder (dry) and another stocking full of bullets.....Merry Christmas :D

My wife had bought me an Extreme for Xmas (she broke down and gave it to me),but it was a 45cal. It is going back and I just ordered the MH with thumbhole for $425 delivered. Thanks for the heads up on where to get one. I certainly hope I made a good decision.

Merry Christmas.
Marcus

I do not regret buying mine. In fact I just shot another deer with it this afternoon. The domed plug makes a big difference.

Latest posts

Back