Ultra lite scope mount ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes I now it’s been brought up before but I can’t find the post but I know it’s been a few years back.
But I’m looking at Murphy and EGW with 20 moa scope mount so the question is the opening where the cut out is on the rail to install primer the EGW looks more enclosed and harder to get a primer in I was trying to see if this is the case if so then I’ll get the murphy.
I’ve always bought Leupold but want something 20 moa and one piece rail of good quality my plans are shooting 300 to 500 yards with this one, also need a can’t level scope mount or ring mount if you know of any good one.
Also looking for good quality rings if you have any recommendation I would appreciate it.

Got a ultra lite 45 cal and a vortex diamondback hp 4-16x42.
Thanks

Last edited:
If you want some reasonably priced rock solid rings I’d recommend hanks precision rings, they are defiantly overkill but you will have zero movement. I really like them for high recoil setups. Be very careful to torque them to the right specs or you will crush your scope (5 extra inch lbs will do it, don’t ask how I know)

Talley is also one of my favorites they have really nice made in USA stuff for a reasonable price.

This may be common knowledge…. but I forgot to mention if you go with a picatinny rail use picatinny rings. Weaver rings will bolt on but don’t lock up as solid. Also with a pic rail/rings you will be able to remove and reinstall your scope and 99.9% keep your zero

If you want some reasonably priced rock solid rings I’d recommend hanks precision rings, they are defiantly overkill but you will have zero movement. I really like them for high recoil setups. Be very careful to torque them to the right specs or you will crush your scope (5 extra inch lbs will do it, don’t ask how I know)

Talley is also one of my favorites they have really nice made in USA stuff for a reasonable price.
I’ll take a look into these.
Thanks

Yes I now it’s been brought up before but I can’t find the post but I know it’s been a few years back.
But I’m looking at Murphy and EGW with 20 moa scope mount so the question is the opening where the cut out is on the rail to install primer the EGW looks more enclosed and harder to get a primer in I was trying to see if this is the case if so then I’ll get the murphy.
I’ve always bought Leupold but want something 20 moa and one piece rail of good quality my plans are shooting 300 to 500 yards with this one, also need a can’t level scope mount or ring mount if you know of any good one.
Also looking for good quality rings if you have any recommendation I would appreciate it.

Got a ultra lite 45 cal and a vortex diamondback hp 4-16x40.
Thanks
Youve got the bare primer setup, right? Or the Disc bolt and plug? Ive got an EGW 0moa rail for my UL(not installed yet) it looks like bare primers wont be a problem, but Disc adapters might be an issue.

Youve got the bare primer setup, right? Or the Disc bolt and plug? Ive got an EGW 0moa rail for my UL(not installed yet) it looks like bare primers wont be a problem, but Disc adapters might be an issue.
I got both bolt set ups if one don’t work then try the other one, but I see what your saying.
And I’m thinking the bare primer will work better.
But I’m seriously thinking about the Murphy set up it seems to be a rock solid rail.

After looking again at the EGW it really looks like the FPJ would really work a lot better, I mean just drop one in and let it roll out when you’re done with it.
But trying to put a primer in with your fingers would be a little challenging.
Just saying.

I agree with you, on the Knight bare primer setup. But the SSK bare setup is so easy to load and empty, with a little practice i could do it with gloves on. Just about drop it randomly and it’ll go in right. I tried the Knight bare setup and you have to set that primer in so precisely, i hated it

Latest posts

Back