Knight Master Hunter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Master Hunter

lawson and onedown Is the Master Hunter a 50 cal and does it have the laminate stock, sounds like a heck of a deal!!!

Re: Master Hunter

elite-50 said:
lawson and onedown Is the Master Hunter a 50 cal and does it have the laminate stock, sounds like a heck of a deal!!!

They are synthetic. The thumbhole is $399 and w/o thumb is $299. Add $26 for delivery. Mine will be here Monday!!!!!

Yeah they have the fluted barrel. From the sounds of things here they just raised the price on them. Here is the contact info.

Gregerson Ace Hardware
880 Cedar St,
Baldwin, WI 54002
Ph. 715-684-3246

Is this the Master Hunter Extreme? I was wondering since no one has mention if it is an Extreme version of the Master Hunter or which Knight Rifle this one is. Seems that Knight discontinues them very quickly.

What about the Revolution is that one as good as the Disc Elite and Disc Extreme? Is the Master Hunter just they Deluxe version of the Extreme since they have the Long Range Hunter out?

LFM

Yes, they are the fluted barrels. I think it is the Master Hunter Extreme, but I'll let you know for sure, they shipped mine out last Thurs. I'll let you know when it gets here. My last quote was $385 dellivered and that was with the thumbhole stock. Before they were disconnued it looks like, from some older sites, that they came with two stocks, thumbhole and straight. The guy at Knight said the Knight personnal shot compition with these stock rifles, and did quite well. They got some real nice folks at Gregerson Hardware. Santa Clause is driving a UPS truck :D

It seems that Knight discontinues some of their products (i.e. Rifles) about this time each year. Dec 2005 I picked up a Knight Disc Elite for a great deal on it and it came with a starter pack of sabots, Knight Sling and scope mount with rings all for 250.00 including shipping. I then contact Knight for a Thumbholed Stock and they had to mill out the lug being it is used on the Extreme and they do it at no additional costs being the front lug is larger than the Extreme's. I had a Tradition's Lightning Bolt but it since was retired being the barrel is not pressure tested as the AMericna Made ML's are. Would like to have another Knight being they are a bit pricey when at normal retail MSRP. I had looked at them for three years and the one I was looking at at Cabelas was 429.00 just for the same Disc Elite Rifle. It is Stainless w/black composite. So I could not pass up the deal on the one I have. I shoot 2 50 grain T-7, T-7 Primer and 250 Shockwave and put a Simmons 3.5-10x44 Mag scope on it and it is a sweet shooter. Just wished the deer would be more cooperative especially a Buck. But maybe next year...

Good Luck with your Master Hunter...

LFM

Santa Clause does drive a brown truck..... :D The rifle was delivered on Christmas eve. Total cost $325.00. It has a stainless fluted barrel. On the barrel is engraved MHC .50 D.I.S.C. Extreme. I figured the MH stands for Master Hunter, but I don't know what the C stands for. After the kids were taken care of, I got to have some quite time and read over the manual, the DVD didn't come in the box, so I'll have to call Knight after the holidays. While cleaning, I did notice the barrel is held to the stock with one allen screw. :shock: Can't wait to see how it shoots. Thanks Lungbuster, LFM and everyone else for the replies.

Do you feel this gun has many advantages over a disc extreme? Are there any disadvantages? The only thing I can think of as a disadvantage is that they are kind of a heavy cannon. I have been thinking about a disc extreme and I'm wondering if this might be the route to go.
Thanks,
Art

Haven't got to shoot it yet, and don't have any previous experience with Knight MLs. but the barrel on the Master Hunter is cryod (deep frozen). That process is problably what fetched the higher prices, before they were disconued. Lungbuster and the others would know alot more than me. The Disc Extreme's at Bass Pro and Sportman's Warehouse around here go for around $500. So $300 sounded pretty good.

Latest posts

Back