Knight MK-95 50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They stopped production of parts long before the new Knight owners took over. The rifle was discontinued at the end of 1997. Don't recall when the last parts were available. I got the last stock they had but can't remember the year I got it. A year or so ago I had some bolt handles and plugs (posi-fire LRMP) made up for them. As long as the current plug is not pitted or anything it will just about last the life of the rifle using the LRMP though, it don't eat the flashholes like 209's do. Triggers are same as the MK-85.

The really neat feature about this rifle was that it came with 2 different ignitions, Posi-fire (bolt action) and #11 (Plunger). This rifle would be legal anywhere with just a simple swap of the ignition. 8)

The MK-95 was actually built off the MK-85 platform. If you have the plunger (#11) ignition in the MK-95 then you basically have and MK-85. The Posi-fire ignition was the first ignition that Knight built that was Weather proof. It was discontinued when the Bolt action Original DISC (Orange) was introduced.

I'm Probably a bit more biased towards the MK-95 since it was my first Inline. I would sell my MK-85 before giving up my MK-95's. :wink:

They stopped production of parts long before the new Knight owners took over. The rifle was discontinued at the end of 1997. Don't recall when the last parts were available. I got the last stock they had but can't remember the year I got it. A year or so ago I had some bolt handles and plugs (posi-fire LRMP) made up for them. As long as the current plug is not pitted or anything it will just about last the life of the rifle using the LRMP though, it don't eat the flashholes like 209's do. Triggers are same as the MK-85.

The really neat feature about this rifle was that it came with 2 different ignitions, Posi-fire (bolt action) and #11 (Plunger). This rifle would be legal anywhere with just a simple swap of the ignition. 8)
Do you by chance have any of the bolt handles still I was just willed my grandfathers rifle and it I'd missing

Latest posts

Back