• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Knight MK85 SS at Williams Gunsight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats worth it just for the scope and parts. Especially if the Burris is a old USA made scope. You dont see many SS hammer assemblies or Timney triggers on the auction sites anymore. It appears to be a late model so it should be a GM barrel.

Not too bad a price, if I didn't have one I would definitely consider it.

Ok, i bought it. It does, in fact have the USA Burris 4x scope which is all I really wanted. But bonus, its in VERY good condition. I haven't put a bore scope in it yet but i dont think ill be disappointed. Also the in store price was lower than the online price. I bought it on line then got a call from them maybe 30 minutes later to tell me i had to come pick it up, they would not ship it to me. Ok, i needed a reason to go in and browse the store anyway. Great selection of ammo and long guns. Some reloading supplies, small rifle primers and T7 on the shelves. I bought 2 boxes of 17hmr bullets and the mk85 and got out of there for less than just buying it alone online. I dont know what im gonna do with another .50 mk85… we’ll see.

Ok, i bought it. It does, in fact have the USA Burris 4x scope which is all I really wanted. But bonus, its in VERY good condition. I haven't put a bore scope in it yet but i dont think ill be disappointed. Also the in store price was lower than the online price. I bought it on line then got a call from them maybe 30 minutes later to tell me i had to come pick it up, they would not ship it to me. Ok, i needed a reason to go in and browse the store anyway. Great selection of ammo and long guns. Some reloading supplies, small rifle primers and T7 on the shelves. I bought 2 boxes of 17hmr bullets and the mk85 and got out of there for less than just buying it alone online. I dont know what im gonna do with another .50 mk85… we’ll see.
Awesome MM!!!! Glad it found a good home! You did well it sounds like.

One other bonus was gasoline is .60¢ per gallon cheaper than around home.
When I travel to Traverse the gas in Grayling is $3.55 this week yet still $4.15 in Traverse. I time as much of my gas purchase for Grayling as I possibly can. I usually like to support my local merchants but for $.50-$.60 a gallon @ 30 gallons a week I have to buy it where its the cheapest.

Thats worth it just for the scope and parts. Especially if the Burris is a old USA made scope. You dont see many SS hammer assemblies or Timney triggers on the auction sites anymore. It appears to be a late model so it should be a GM barrel.
This doesn't have the GM logo on it, how can i tell if its a Green Mntn barrel or someone elses. On closer inspection it may not have been fired at all. Im hoping to disassemble it this weekend for a closer look.

Latest posts

Back