Knight Mountaineer Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIDeerhunter67

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I received my new mountaineer, beautiful gun, my bolt is not right, it will not lock into battery, it’s like it’s out of spec, anyone had this issue or a solution to make the bolt work? Tried contacting knight but no response yet, so I figured I would come to the next best thing. Thanks

Not sure exactly what you mean.... Will the bolt insert into the receiver? Can you push the handle down once you push it forward? or is the problem the bolt handle will not go all the way down?

If it will not go all the way down - take the breech plug out and then try it. Which bolt do you have Bare Primer or FPJ?

Send pictures if you can. Also make sure the breech plug is fully screwed in.

Checked the Breech plug already it’s all the way seated, the bolt will not rotate down and lock in to fire the gun, it’s the FPJ doesn’t make sense to me, also, the FPJ don’t fit in the bolt, I’m not sure if the sent me something different when I take the plug out it works.

Is your bolt firing pin) out of index?
Read the instructions. The firing pin is removable and if not aligned correctly- it will not work.

FPJ I’m 99 percent sure, I’ll check the firing pin, but it’s like the breech plug doesn’t go far enough in and the bolt hits before it can rotate and lock in doesn’t make any sense, and the damn FPJ don’t fit in the bolt

Did you try removing the BP and cycling the bolt?

Which of these BP do you have? Ignore the flash hole dome on the one BP. I am asking about the primer end of the BP.

KnightPlugs.jpg

The one on the far left, yes if I remove it it works, but another issue I have is the FPJ doesn’t fit in the bolt either

I was thinking the same as HC. Look at his pics of the bolts paying close attention to the primer end of the bolt. In his pic that bolt on the right has a "Similar" looking end but the cut out is longer and smaller (I don't think the FPJ will fit in that bolt). Sort of sounds like the mistakenly sent the FPJ plug and the Bare Primer bolt.

BINGO!!!!!! that’s exactly what they did, thanks guys!!! Not very educated with these yet! But that is exactly what it is, so should I just order a Leigh breech plug?

So if I order a Lehigh Barr primer breech plug I should not need the adapter right for the bolt?

Here’s my bolt looks like a bare primer bolt now you guys mention it!

Attachments

• 422C9365-B2D7-4B85-8A30-E149824842B3.jpeg
    422C9365-B2D7-4B85-8A30-E149824842B3.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the help HC, and everyone else, I can’t thank you all enough, with that plug from Leigh if I shoot that plug with Winchester 209s can I use blackhorn?

Yep it sure is a bare primer bolt. Blackhorn yes. Sometimes the Lehigh plugs takes a little fitting, sometimes not , if you need anything just let us know.

Latest posts

Back