Knight Mountaineer Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a Lehigh plug which is a better plug. I’ve switched all mine to the Lehigh plugs. BUT, still get in touch with Knight and have them make it right. With a bare primer bolt an adapter is not needed.
I found the folks at Knight very good when there was an issue. They helped me out when I needed it. I'll bet that they will make right for you. They are very good people there.

What startles me is they shipped it like that, a little disturbing, obviously they couldn’t close the bolt, oh well , good luck

I had a faulty BP when I bought my new Mountaineer and Knight just sent a replacement. They will make things right for you and enjoy your ML, it is an awesome piece of equipment.

Ended up fixing the original BP so now I have a spare.

What startles me is they shipped it like that, a little disturbing, obviously they couldn’t close the bolt, oh well , good luck
Yeah that’s what is still bothering me why would they send something out like that, I would think they would test it out and such before it’s sent, oh well it’s a mistake, Justin from knight is making it right with me

Knight Mountaineers are on sale at Sportsmans Guide, not in stock, but they are promising them by January. Maybe that is why Knight is "rushing them out the door"

People are human, yes even the members of this forum are human. Humans make mistakes, things happen, not everything is perfect in the world we / some of us live in. I see that Knight is making it right so all ends good.

IMHO Knight makes/offers great products. There is lots of stress in the world and operating a business in this stress must be very trying. Only those that have operated under this stress trying to keep their doors open can know the level of stress. People/humans make mistakes but they also can fix them.

Laus deo, Have faith and Grace,

Ken

As Long as Knight is making it right, thats what counts. Should it have happened in the first place, well no but crap does happen. I had a Very Well known gunsmith shop (I will not mention the name as most of you will have heard of it) build me a custom Rem 700 in 280AI. Trued action Top of the Line match barrel of the same name, McMillan stock ETC. Cost me 2K. The First outing the rifle could barely keep the shots on an 11" target no matter what I tried! The issue was improper bedding, actually piss poor bedding. I took it back and they ended up bedding it 3 times. That got the groups down to 4". I myself Re-bedded it and got it down to 2". I took it to my Benchrest gunsmith and he said that it was not inletted straight, re-milled it, bored out the Poured in pillars (Not steel or Aluminum) and installed over sized aluminum pillars he made, then rebedded it. Rifle shot 1/2" groups with the load I was trying and 3 guys shot the rifle that day with groups the same size. My Point is ...Even the big names can screw up.

Last edited:
People are human, yes even the members of this forum are human. Humans make mistakes, things happen, not everything is perfect in the world we / some of us live in. I see that Knight is making it right so all ends good.

IMHO Knight makes/offers great products. There is lots of stress in the world and operating a business in this stress must be very trying. Only those that have operated under this stress trying to keep their doors open can know the level of stress. People/humans make mistakes but they also can fix them.

Laus deo, Have faith and Grace,

Ken
I agree, however that seems like such an obvious thing to check, and knight is excellent, i have said it here before, i have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Please stop apologizing for poor quality. fix it and move on. Knight firearms have a great reputation, Tony Knight would not stand for poor quality, and I'm sure the current owners will correct any issues, if they are aware there is any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back