Knight Mountaineer sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure but a few others said the Moutaineer bolts would not fit their original DISCs and maybe some older Extremes. Others including myself had no issues with them fitting. I should try it in my very early Elite 45 action. I bought it just for parts long ago. Its around 200 serial number.

Ulite and Mountaineer conversion parts though are identical other than cosmetics and the 606 kit is a Ulite conversion kit if you look it up on Knights website. Both use the same plugs and forked lug actions. Only difference is stocks and barrel contour.
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product/ultra-lite-209-bare-primer-conversion-kit/

Last edited:
I prefer the straight stocks. I have a lehigh bare primer conversion kit for the knight disc extreme will it work for the mountaineer ?

I prefer the straight stocks. I have a lehigh bare primer conversion kit for the knight disc extreme will it work for the mountaineer ?
NO, the plugs are not the same and my NFPJ adapter is just a tiny bit too thick to clear the nut on the plug. Easy fix if you got a belt sander. You only need to remove about 60 thousandths from the side facing the plug.

Ulite/Mountaineer plug is on the right. The length difference is all on the powder side.
XDNTvIp.png

Not sure but a few others said the Moutaineer bolts would not fit their original DISCs and maybe some older Extremes. Others including myself had no issues with them fitting. I should try it in my very early Elite 45 action. I bought it just for parts long ago. Its around 200 serial number.

Ulite and Mountaineer conversion parts though are identical other than cosmetics and the 606 kit is a Ulite conversion kit if you look it up on Knights website. Both use the same plugs and forked lug actions. Only difference is stocks and barrel contour.
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product/ultra-lite-209-bare-primer-conversion-kit/
I had the same issue with a early disc with a 22" barrel. The bolt body would not fit into the "receiver", it would start and go halfway and then stop. I tried all my knight bolts in this gun to now avail. I noticed that the newer rifles are bored larger toward the rear of the receiver. So with nothing to lose and a muzzleloader to destroy, I chucked it up in the lathe and opened up the back end of the rifle. I was nervous but proceeded with caution. I opened it up enough for the bolt to move forward and rotate to battery, works like a charm.

I am not familiar with the Knight priming system so wonder if someone can shed some light on it for me. Full plastic jacket vs bare 209?

Can all their models be used with BH209?

Does the straight stock work well with scopes?

Thanks

FPJ is a 209 in a red plastic jacket. The FPJ fits over a nipple sort of like a percussion cap nipple but larger. Im not a fan of using FPJs with BH209 but it can work if you keep the plug clean. They foul the action much more than a bare primer setup up correctly. The only plus is they are easier to handle once you prime the jackets with a 209 primer.

Bare primer using the Lehigh breech plug is about as dependable as it gets for that kinda price. I have never had a failure with mine and ive had no less than 5 Knights with Lehigh plugs. Bestill Knight plugs are better and he offers several more expensive options like LRMP and a rear sealing plug if you shoot a lot of hotter loads. His least expensive option is around $80 for his bushing plug if you DIY fitting.

I have not problems getting behind a scope with Knights straight stocks but ive only had 2 Elite composite stocks and 1 laminate. I have not used a Mountaineer straight stock.

Back