Questions on new knight muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FPJ was designed to allow 209 primers to be shot in the older plunger style guns, LK-93, Wolverine, and MK-85's. I can't think of a good reason to pick it over bare 209 primers in a bolt gun, I'm sure someone can.

I have thought hard about a Knight 52. My main worry is availability of components, I only see the sabots from Knight.

If there was a reliable source for some good .52 conicals I would looks at one real hard

Love my 52 guns, the only problem is sabots, I get bullets from midway.I buy bulk sabots from knight so I don’t run out, really never had a problem.I have 4 knight 52 cals if that helps, great shooting guns

on their site they only show .52 sabots for .458 and .457 bullets (silver and magenta) but their prices are reasonable . if they made them for .451 and .452 it would make a lot more bullet options available .

https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product-category/muzzleloader-sabots/
the .52 the OP linked to is about half the price or less compared to their .50 rifles .

GM54-120 being able to change barrels for not a terrible expense is VERY interesting !
would a gunsmith be needed to do that or is it something someone reasonably familiar with tools could do ?

on their site they only show .52 sabots for .458 and .457 bullets (silver and magenta) but their prices are reasonable . if they made them for .451 and .452 it would make a lot more bullet options available .

https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product-category/muzzleloader-sabots/
the .52 the OP linked to is about half the price or less compared to their .50 rifles .

GM54-120 being able to change barrels for not a terrible expense is VERY interesting !
would a gunsmith be needed to do that or is it something someone reasonably familiar with tools could do ?
Very easy to do with basic hand tools. You're basically just removing the bolt, breech plug, and trigger. Then putting them onto the new barrel.

Latest posts

Back