Knight Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chick

Reaction score
I wanted to try some of the Blue Sabots,made by Knight for the boat tail bullets. So, I go to their website, as these are not sold anywhwere within 25 miles, probably more. The sabots sell for $8.99, but they want a $15 shipping charge, That makes it cost $23.99 for 50 sabots to TRY. I have spent a ton of money on bullets and sabots, but that is just nuts, and it is not happening.

I Recieved an email way back about Cyber Week at Knight Rifles. Buy 1, get 1 Free on Select accessories. And since i was just about out of my Tube of Knight Breech Plug Grease i Figured it was a Perfect time to get a Few Tubes of it :lewis: That was until i went to Checkout, Shipping on The 2 little Tubes of BP Grease was 15.99, Bringing my Total to just over 20 Bucks, Needless to say I abandoned that Shopping Cart, I’m wasn’t playing that Game.

they told me that they have a glitch on their web page and if you call them they will get the shipping charge correct.. they were supposed to of fixed it a couple yrs ago.. admitted that 15.99 was way to high for shipping a 8.00 item..
they ended up charging me like 7.95 for shipping 500 sabots if I remember correctly .

they told me that they have a glitch on their web page and if you call them they will get the shipping charge correct.. they were supposed to of fixed it a couple yrs ago.. admitted that 15.99 was way to high for shipping a 8.00 item..
they ended up charging me like 7.95 for shipping 500 sabots if I remember correctly .

I tried that Dean, it stil didn’t Work, And I spoke DIRECTLY with Justin about it

Remember this thread?
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/cyber-week-at-knight-rifles.34735/

I was going to order a one-piece aluminum scope base for my new-old stock stainless Vision that I've had sitting in the box for the past 7 years. The base sells for $20 on Knight's website but the shipping was going to be $15 for shipping to Indiana.

We all know how small and light of a package an aluminum scope base would be. That just didn't sit right with me so I unfortunately deleted my cart and didn't order it. The shipping charge for the muzzleloaders I can understand, but I think Knight needs to take a look at somehow revamping their shipping calculator for small parts and accessories.

Knight isn't the only company that charges double the shipping cost for the price of an item.I usually try ebay where it has free shipping most of the time.

I hate high shipping charges as well. But, someone has to pull the order, package the item(s) and pay the postage. Flat rate has gone up and people need to make a decent wage. The times we're in are more costly than before. If you have to drive to the store and figure your time, gas, insurance, wear/tear on the car/truck and whatever else is involved, $15-$20 is not too bad of a price for shipping. Buy enough stuff to justify if possible or go ahead and pay for the service. You don't work for free, I hope...

Yeah, I communicated via email, with Justin. It is a flat charge and not getting adjusted. I expect to pay S/H, but that $15 for 50 sabots is not going to happen. Make me wonder about Knights other policies. I think I will just steer clear of Knight anything.

I hate high shipping charges as well. But, someone has to pull the order, package the item(s) and pay the postage. Flat rate has gone up and people need to make a decent wage. The times we're in are more costly than before. If you have to drive to the store and figure your time, gas, insurance, wear/tear on the car/truck and whatever else is involved, $15-$20 is not too bad of a price for shipping. Buy enough stuff to justify if possible or go ahead and pay for the service. You don't work for free, I hope...
$15 for shipping 50 sabots is too much. And, it is really strange that no one stocks Knight Sabots. If they do, I have not found them. There darn sure is not anyone within 25 miles of me.

Last edited:
In this day and age of free shipping that could end up being the straw that breaks Knights back, hate to say it..its like they are too lazy to charge the actual shipping charges not that hard to do especially for a small company.
Id check with MMP and get sabots from them.
Knight has a monopoly on .52 sabots for now so probably think they can charge what they want for sh..

The 52cal sabots and the blue boattail sabots they offer are the only 2 exclusive to Knight. All the rest but 1 are MMP. Some just dyed a different color. I think the blue 45x40 they offer now is the only Harvester.

Back