Knight TK2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also own one. One of the best long range shotguns I ever put my hands on. It kicks like a mule but will knock a turkey down at some extreme ranges.

I am just curious, I rarely see anyone talk about them.

What type of Barrel are they using, Knights or someone elses?

What ignition do they use?

What type of loads are usual for Turkey, and same for grouse,

Also what is a fair price?

The barrels I think are Green Mountain, but I am guessing that from there near perfect appearance to other Knight barrels. Mine came with fiber optic sights but I put a Bushnell Trophy RED DOT on it. Turkey's head goes in the circle and pull the trigger. Lights out for the bird.

Turkey load is 100 grains of APP 2f. Then a 3-1/4 inch harder plastic turkey wad (Knight sells them) on the charge. An identical wad cup full of a mix of #5 & #6 shot mix. Then an over the shot card.

I hunt grouse with a T/C New englander so I can not give you a grouse load, but I would probably just cut back a little on the powder charge of the turkey load and go to a 7-1/2 shot for them.

My knight can shoot the red primer disc jackets. I use a Winchester W209 primer. I think they can also use a #11 and musket cap. But will not swear to it.

Also the range on mine I have set at 40 yards. It will shoot further, but I will not.

What would a fair price be for one? They don't make them anymore do they?

GM54-120 said:
ewald said:

The BassPro near me has a thumbhole complete camo model for $349 new.

Other than the stock are there any other differances or models?

Used excellent conditon $250 fair?

whitetail said:
GM54-120 said:
ewald said:

The BassPro near me has a thumbhole complete camo model for $349 new.

Other than the stock are there any other differances or models?

Used excellent conditon $250 fair?

Im no TK expert but i THINK there are a few variations of a TK and this one appears to be a newer/newest model with all the bells and whistles. I THINK this one used the red FPJs and im sure it had a screw on choke.

It appeared to be stainless covered completely in camo and was new. Possibly without a box if it was like my Elite and Extreme. I didnt see any other TKs there.

Thats about all i know about it. I was there getting the last 3 DISCs they had at a huge savings.

There are different chokes you can get for them. For turkey I use an extra full choke. The gun is basically the same but the stocks vary. A thumb hole stock would be nice, but these things really kick. I got a straight stock model.

whitetail said:
Any body have one of these shotguns or know much about them.?

I have owned one for over 10 years now. I bought the first one to make it to Michigan back in early 2000, and paid $350 for it. It is a Camo Model with a straight stock and #11 ignition. The 209 ignition and thumbhole models came out a few years later. You could get them in blued/black, or fully camo dipped over blued, no Stainless. They used both Realtree and Mossy Oak camo over the run, with a NWTF Limited Editions also. The earlier ones had synthetic ramrod thimbles, after a couple years they started using the barrel band. Mine also has the Green Mountain Logo on the barrel. They all had the Knight fiber optic rifle sights and were drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

The #11 ignition can be converted to the 209 FPJ by installing the conversion bolt and breech plug, or musket cap by just installing the musket cap nipple. I have both the #11 and 209 FPJ for mine.

The ONLY negative I have discovered is when using the 209 conversion is the secondary safety on the straight stock can really take a chunk out of your thumb knuckle when shooting max loads. This would be like taking a brand new bastard file and raking it across your knuckle at warp speed. I have had that pleasure twice. :roll: :lol: You can help prevent this by installing a rubber cap over the knurled part of that safety. The thumbhole stock would also take that secondary safety out of play.

The choke system is a screw-ON Jug Choke. It uses a 12 ga bore that is back bored to a much larger diameter (expansion chamber if you will), then constricted back through the choke. This allows you to load the 3-1/2" Multi-Metal (steel) type shot cups through the XF choke without having to remove it each time you load it. It is capable of shooting some very dense patterns, if you take the time to figure it all out. There was also one other choke for it, I think it was a IC, but might have been a MOD for other types of hunting.

Here is a pic of mine, which is the first model.

004.jpg

I also have the White White Thunder with a Mossy Oak camo stock which is much lighter, yet seems to handle the recoil better IMO. I hunt with this, and the TK spends alot of time in the safe. Great gun for turkeys, I just prefer the White.

Thanks for the information guy's.
I will try to pick this one up, let you know if it works out.

Latest posts

Back