Knight ultra lite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of the nitride. But then again, I have a stainless MK-85 I bought in 1995, and there's no rust on it yet, so... 🤔 maybe it's just bells and whistles I don't need.

Ok, let’s say I bought the replacement barrel and bare primer conversion. How do you get the other needed parts to complete the action? I have a spare Mountaineer stock and would like to put together a 50 cal. So I would need the internals for the bolt and a trigger assembly? Would knight even sell me these?

Ok, let’s say I bought the replacement barrel and bare primer conversion. How do you get the other needed parts to complete the action? I have a spare Mountaineer stock and would like to put together a 50 cal. So I would need the internals for the bolt and a trigger assembly? Would knight even sell me these?
Ask them on Facebook. Send them a message. Ask for the internal only pricing for the Extreme since its probably cheaper unless you got to have the SS finish. They will normally respond within a couple days to private messages.

Timney trigger wont be cheap from Knight but any DISC, Extreme, Elite, ect will fit. I want to say it was like $175-225 for the Timney from Knight if they will still sell one. 3 screw Vehr (Velocity) triggers can be had far cheaper on the auction sites. Ive got the higher end Vehr wide shoe triggers and its plenty good for hunting. Knight used that same trigger in the 2005-2006 Extreme Target model that won at Friendship.

The bare primer bolt body is $65 shipped from Sportsmans so contact Knight and see what they want for the Extreme internals ONLY. They will go right in the Mountaineer/Ulite bolt body. It will just be black and not silver like the Ulite.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...sories/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/p62025
Im certain because ive done it.
1t0sp8t.jpg

aXOO5Q0.jpg

The bare primer bolt body is $65 shipped from Sportsmans so contact Knight and see what they want for the Extreme internals ONLY. They will go right in the Mountaineer/Ulite bolt body. It will just be black and not silver like the Ulite.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...sories/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/p62025
Im certain because ive done it.
1t0sp8t.jpg

aXOO5Q0.jpg
Nice setup sir! I just emailed knight because when I messaged them on fb they said they didn’t sell any mountaineer parts except the battle and that I would have to swap all my parts over. I emailed them exactly as you said to just to be sure, stating that I need the bolt internals only for a disc extreme and not the bolt body/handle. Hopefully I hear back soon.

It only takes minutes to swap your existing parts. 1 screw to swap out the trigger and its the same hex as the stock screw. Buy another bare primer plug from Lehigh or Bestill and be done with it until you can find some parts for sale on the auction sites.

It only takes minutes to swap your existing parts. 1 screw to swap out the trigger and its the same hex as the stock screw. Buy another bare primer plug from Lehigh or Bestill and be done with it until you can find some parts for sale on the auction sites.
Good idea! Thank you.

You may not get the same "primer crush" when swapping barrels........ so get each barrel its own plug will speed up the swap and give you the option of setting up each one for the best primer fit.

Was going to go that route as well,but decided to put my order in for one of those new traditions pursuit in 45 cal with the 1;20 twist barrel.Did not want the head ache of trying to find the parts that I needed.Good luck.

Another option for those trying to piece one together, check pawn shops (or gun shops) for a used extreme. Find one with a rusted barrel and you might hit the parts jackpot. You can also check sites like ebay, although the prices are pretty high now - sellers take a whole gun and part the whole thing out and make double the money. Used to be you could find what you needed for a reasonable price.

nitride is no where close to ceracoat. The nitride process involves putting the part (barrel) in a molten salt bath. Every bit of exposed surface is treated, barrel bore included. No dimensional changes occur.
Ceracoat alters the dimensions, it has some significant thickness and can't go in the bore. It's basically a paint job for cosmetics.

I offer nitriding barrels, but that Dynatec stuff contaminates the salt bath and therefore they will not do them.
Modern Spartan Systems just came out with a coating that they say is more durable than ceracoat. It does not require heating to cure. It is called DutyKote.
https://dutykote.com/

I've actually used it and I've been super impressed with it. Both with the ease of application and the durability.

Back