Knight ultra lite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know they were offering the UL barrel.

I know they've offered the regular mountaineer barrel for a while. I agree - if you have one rifle, you could purchase another barrel and with a tiny amount of swapping have another rifle, for not alot of $.

brownisdown

In my case! Dropped right in!

Kevlar-45-FT.jpg

Shoots dang well!!!

100-yd-off-muzzle.jpg

Clean-Wall.jpg

Post#6, we’re talking about ultralite barrels.

I’d buy one if it was nitrite (sp), oh heck, may buy one anyway.
I emailed knight about buying a nitride barrel kit, they told me they are not offering the nitride option barrel kit, I sent another email seeing if they would reconsider

I emailed knight about buying a nitride barrel kit, they told me they are not offering the nitride option barrel kit, I sent another email seeing if they would reconsider
Well they said sorry we just can’t sell you a nitride barrel kit.they are probably having a hard time getting them done

Well they said sorry we just can’t sell you a nitride barrel kit.they are probably having a hard time getting them done
When I purchased my mountaineer, I had emailed Justin Perry asking about the nitride vs the ceracoat and he assured me that they were just as effective as the other. Don’t know much about the nitride, if it is inside the barrel or not, where as the ceracoat most likely is only on the out side but you could buy the plain stainless barrel and have someone coat it for you.

When I purchased my mountaineer, I had emailed Justin Perry asking about the nitride vs the ceracoat and he assured me that they were just as effective as the other. Don’t know much about the nitride, if it is inside the barrel or not, where as the ceracoat most likely is only on the out side but you could buy the plain stainless barrel and have someone coat it for you.
I have a stainless 45, I was just sorry I didn’t get the nitride.I don’t believe you can have a barrel nitrided after the treatment knight does on their barels

I have a stainless 45, I was just sorry I didn’t get the nitride.I don’t believe you can have a barrel nitrided after the treatment knight does on their barels
You want it for the added protection or the black color? I think you can still ceracoat over the dynatec if it’s the color you are wanting.

nitride is no where close to ceracoat. The nitride process involves putting the part (barrel) in a molten salt bath. Every bit of exposed surface is treated, barrel bore included. No dimensional changes occur.
Ceracoat alters the dimensions, it has some significant thickness and can't go in the bore. It's basically a paint job for cosmetics.

I offer nitriding barrels, but that Dynatec stuff contaminates the salt bath and therefore they will not do them.
Modern Spartan Systems just came out with a coating that they say is more durable than ceracoat. It does not require heating to cure. It is called DutyKote.
https://dutykote.com/

Latest posts

Back