Last minute doe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Doe came in right at last shooting light and I thought she was a big button buck walking toward me, didnt realize she was a big doe until she was 6 yds from tree and by then she looked up and seen me. She spooked and ran behind me and stood watching me as shooting time dwindled away, her fawn came about 3 minutes after she showed up. I looked at it and decided it was plenty big to survive on its own so focused on the big doe.. fawn took off running back down logging road and then doe tried to make a big circle back the way she came coming into a small opening at about 45 yds, bleated to her then shot her thru both shoulders. She died at the shot didn't even kick.. load was 110 gr bh209 and 325 gr ftx from my Bestill chopped Knight Disc .52, love this rifle. When I shot her there was 6 minutes shooting time left.
Next up White .451 if I get to get out again.20211204_180252.jpg

Sometimes those last minute critters eat the best. Nice doe. Congrats!

Congratulations!!
I'm taking my S91 .451 this Saturday then next 3 weeks also. I didn't get it out in early muzzleloader due to rainy days. Found out the CVA V2 is shooting to the left so it's out for this season.

Thanks everyone...Supposed to get down to 17 tonight and low to mid twenties up till Thurs I think then back up to 63 deg, hopefully get out again in evening. I hate hunting when its in the teens anymore.. going to butcher doe later today or tomorrow hanging in pole barn now. toytruck good luck with .451.

Thanks Dean! I should correct myself, I did get out in early ML season, just not with the S91. Probably a good thing I never got a shot with the Optima V2!
I'm like you, mornings when its super cold aren't good on the ole bones anymore...lol

Back