Late December spike-horn "smoked"...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
OZFBjmj.jpg

I settled into my ground stand at around 8:00 a.m. this morning as the sun began to blanket the side slope. After calling for only 20 minutes this lone spike-horn came trotting-in. He paused about 60 yards downhill and gave me a shot. 110 grains of BH209 and 195 grain Barnes. Bang-flop with a complete pass through.
YCPAx5h.jpg

Bullet entrance hole
Jm5Dv1p.jpg

Bullet exit hole.

This was a very special later-season December hunt for me. My .45 CVA KODIAK PRO was my last virgin smoker in the cabinet that had yet to connect with venison.
XFYfHIB.jpg

Nice! I’m still at it. And will be until the bitter end of the season. Hunting has been tough for me this year

Thanks guys!
I'm a BIG believer that the season " ain't over 'til it's over. " I've been pluggin' away since early October starting with archery season.
Good luck MattRaymond. You have until December 31st. Remember, it doesn't matter how often you get out. All it takes is ONE good day of planning for things to come together.

There are plenty of BIG bucks on our cameras, but all after dark. This guy comes out 40 minutes after shooting light is gone.

Attachments

• 3D527CA0-4A8F-47DC-A531-94D90D5033E6.jpeg
    3D527CA0-4A8F-47DC-A531-94D90D5033E6.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 9
that a boy marty !! i had a feeling you were taking one home this year. perfect eater. nice shot placement. perfect actually. great job

that a boy marty !! i had a feeling you were taking one home this year. perfect eater. nice shot placement. perfect actually. great job
Thanks bobbythehunter. I ended-up with 38.5 lbs. of roasts, tenderloin, back-straps and ground venison.
Gc9ax14.jpg

Back