Let it snow...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaHunter

Reaction score
I'll be out with a few hunting buddies trying to bag a big one... I really enjoy still hunting in this kind of weather...Will keep you all in the loop.

Darn! I am on will call today! That tears me up! Still hunting in the bottoms today! :lol:

My buddy Kelly harvested a great doe from the same stand Wolfhound shot his Indiana deer from.... I just might have to sit there sometime. :roll:

If you do, be sure to take a picture of that stand for me. :D I seem to have forgotten to do that while I was there. :oops:

We got a little over a foot yesterday, had to work this morning but will be out the rest of the weekend! :yeah:

Looking at all the pics of ya'll hunting in the snow makes me SHIVER! I really don't see how you do it. As long as I can walk around a little I can take it.. But if I have to sit in a treestand in snow and with temps in the teens...FORGET IT! :lol:

Guess I've lived in Alabama a little too long! :lol:

big6x6 said:
Looking at all the pics of ya'll hunting in the snow makes me SHIVER! I really don't see how you do it. As long as I can walk around a little I can take it.. But if I have to sit in a treestand in snow and with temps in the teens...FORGET IT! :lol:

Deer hunting in cold weather is fun and snow is the icing on the cake! :D Last year during late firearm season was all of 13 degrees with snow on the ground if I remember right. Course that's still a month away. If I'm lucky enough to get drawn, I hope for the same conditions. With snow you can actually see the deer! :lol:

Still huntng on a snowy day is my favorite way to deer hunt. You can walk right up on them in the right conditions...

big6x6 said:

Teens? That's summertime weather! It has been -4* here already (F, not C) and I have hunted in -20's*F before. :shock: Can you say Chucksicle? :lol:

It hit 30* today, the warmest it's been since the last week in November. I was field dressing deer in my "T" shirt. :shock:

39a14833.jpg

Blue-Dot-37.5

Back