Leupold RX III

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Reaction score
Downloaded the manual to read up on the "TBR" feature. They have instructions for bows and cartridge ammo. It appears to have algorithms programmed for those. Does that mean there would be no "setting" for muzzleloaders. It goes on to say that if your ballistics are not on the cheat sheet to calculate your bullet path.

I doubt I will ever have much of a chance to use this feature, but it would be cool if I was going to spend the money - I do want a "waterproof" model not "water resistant" which gets me up to the III. Me and water don't do well with electronics!

Here is the link to the manual. The "generic" settings are on page 26

[/url]http://www.leupold.com/resources/downloads/RX_Manual_L245-1055C_01-03-06.pdf If that didn't work - copy and pa...w.leupold.com/resources/downlo ... -03-06.pdf
Appreciate some feedback from our ballistic experts!

Max

Before you buy try to find one to try out I had one send it back P.O.S.
wouldn't range much over 500 yds on anything. slow to give reading not
clear I got a Leica for a little more money twice as good do some searches you will find a lot of people unhappy with leupold rangefinders

I have the RX-II, got it for bowhunting. I think it will fit the bill for that. I like the size and features it has. I think it will fit the bill for days when I dont want to lug around my Lieca 1200 LRF. The RX-II is about the same size as the standard Nikon.

I have not tried ranging farther than 200 yet but I will keep you posted.

I almost bought one about a month ago. I didn't buy it because I read a couple different places they can be confusing to operate. They have so many features it takes quite a while to get the hang of it. Don't get me wrong, Leupold makes great optics. In every post I read about rangefinders, one brand always comes up, Leica. My buddy has one he's going to let me borrow for a few weeks. I'll make up my mind then.

Mike

Latest posts

Back