LK-93 .36 and round ball

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this .36 LK off Knight Shooter here on the forum a month or 2 back and just now got to shoot it 5 times..brand new Bushnell 3x9x40 scope never messed with just mounted on gun..took 1st 5 shots basically offhand with my hand leaning against tree with gun across my wrist at 40 yds, gun hit dead center where I was aiming 1st shot just about 3 in. low so used that hole for aiming point, pulled my 4th shot almost off the edge of board but the other 3 went into 1.25 in ctc vertically and .5 in. horizontally.
So I believe with a good rest sitting down this gun will probably shoot them into same hole as I was far from steady leaning against tree standing up.
I think this pretty much proves that the LK-93 with 1:24 twist will shoot round ball very well, load was 15 gr 777 3f and precut .018 patch with a drop of Mr. Flintlock patch lube added and let dry.
Gun seemed to be shooting pretty hot with that load, cracked louder then a .22 magnum so will try dropping a few grains at a time to see if accuracy will hold and try to get it a lot quieter.
Also gun has a brand new stock from a new Wolverine I bought back on their Christmas buy 1 get one free sale, put the boat paddle stock from LK on new gun, going to get a Boyds stock for it in the future.
21j50fr.jpg

2r3koib.jpg

Looking good Dean. :yeah: I might have to try the RBs again. Never spent any time with them in mine. I was looking for a Coyote load in mine not Tree Rats. :wink: :p

Sweet it is. Ive got to have one !

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Gun really shines with tc maxi ball conicals and 15 -20 grains t73f.
But that load is a little rough on squirrels. Headshots or bark-ums only!

I bought a couple hundred maxi balls off the guy on Gun broker going to try them also, if accurate will use them on close range coyotes.

pjsoden said:
Gun really shines with tc maxi ball conicals and 15 -20 grains t73f.
But that load is a little rough on squirrels. Headshots or bark-ums only!

tried shooting the .36 with 12 gr of 777 3f today and it didn't like it much at all, 1st shot was dead center below x 4 inches, adjusted scope up and hit 2 in high, after that it started shooting way to the right off the board as the guns barrel got more fouled, one shot hit very edge of board 4 in. right and the other 2 missed board completely.
So it looks like 15 gr was a good starting point or the sweet spot, will have to try a few grains more to see what it does.. but if 15 gr will consistently shoot into a squirrel head at 30 yds that will be my choice as I don't really want it hotter or louder.

Maxi balls or prb? If you can't get it to shoot good, then I would be willing to take it off your hands. Smiling, but serious.

this was with RB again, it seems to not like going below 15 gr. of 3f 777..Supposed to be hot this weekend don't know if I will try to shoot anymore or not.. having a family fish fry tomorrow so wont be shooting any.
If I decide to part with it will let you have 1st dibs but it will probably be at least after this squirrel season, going to give it and my Bestill .32 Omega a workout.

herschel conyers said:
Maxi balls or prb? If you can't get it to shoot good, then I would be willing to take it off your hands. Smiling, but serious.

If you're going to shoot the squirrel in the head. You don't really need to use a light load.

this is true I just don't care for the super loud noise hot loads produce, been hunting squirrels with a air rifle for the last 20 yrs or so and have gotten used to a fairly quiet report when shooting them. Plus it usually gives me the chance to kill more then one squirrel from the tree if there's a bunch in there cutting hickory nuts. If they are young squirrels it doesn't matter but old squirrels wont hang around for more then 2 shots if its super loud usually.

Muley Hunter said:
If you're going to shoot the squirrel in the head. You don't really need to use a light load.

Back