Load for .50 cal Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOM

Reaction score
I just got a new omega Z5. I have been out to shoot it and got decent groups. I know it can do better.

I want to know what loads seem to work best for you Omega shooters.

Thanks

from what I've seen out of my Omega it loves the heavier sabots (I shoot a 330 grain sabot from precision) with 90-110 grains of powder.

It also will shoot a 215 grain bullet just as well. Love the gun and the combos that I can get with it.

Paul

100 grs 777 and 250gr Shock Wave--- my personal favorite--120 grs loose 777-2f and 290 Barnes(Knight) TMZ.

250gr Shockwaves/SST or 200gr Shockwaves. Start with 100gr of Pyrodex/Triple Se7en.

Thanks for the help. Tried the 200 gr shockwave with 110gr of 777 and got great groups at 100 yards. Now if I could just shoot better. Friday is our muzzleloader opener and I think I am ready to go.

Peace, Bruce

Bruce,
Am using 250 gr Hornady XTP inside a Harvestor Crush-rib sabot in front of 90 gr 777 and a Remington Kleanbore primer in my Z5. Two deer died earlier this month with this load - one by my son and one that I shot. The Crush-rib sabot makes loading a bit easier. Still get a pretty bad crud ring so will be working on that for next year. (Will try different primers or am considering the Vari-flame route.) Good luck tomorrow!!
Bob

Back