Loading sabots in CVA wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedPaint

Reaction score
Hello. Brand new to muzzleloading. I have IMR White Hots and TC Shockwave sabots. When I seat the sabot/bullet on the white hots, there appears to be a pocket of dead air between the bottom rim of the plastic sabot and where the actual bullet sits in the sabot. Is this okay? I don’t want to crush the white hots by forcing it too much. Thanks.

It’s best to use light pressure to seat the sabot-bullet on top of the pellets. When I used white hots, I swabbed the barrel after each shot to remove the crud ring.

Hello. Brand new to muzzleloading. I have IMR White Hots and TC Shockwave sabots. When I seat the sabot/bullet on the white hots, there appears to be a pocket of dead air between the bottom rim of the plastic sabot and where the actual bullet sits in the sabot. Is this okay? I don’t want to crush the white hots by forcing it too much. Thanks.
Definitely don't crush those pellets. Don't want no inconsistency. White hots are just a hair bit bigger than a hodgdon pellet. They will take a powerbelt right over the top of em nice and snuggly. But not a traditions,tc, or hornady sabot they will respectively fit a hodgdon. The harvester sabots will take either. They have a slightly thinner wall on the gas check. Hope that helps...

Back