LOCTITE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vadeerhunter

Reaction score
ANYONE KNOW OF AN EASY WAY TO REMOVE THE BLUE LOCTITE FROM THE SCREWS THAT HOLDS YOUR BASE IN PLACE ON TOP OF YOUR INLINE? HAVE TRIED ACETONE.........WORKS ALITTLE BUT VERY SLOW IN COMING OFF.EXPECTING MY BARREL BACK FROM THOMPSON CENTER TOMORROW AN NEED TO REMOUNT SCOPE AN GET SOME RANGE TIME.

Heat. To remove screws that are Loctit'ed in place hold the tip of a soldering iron on the screw for a few seconds and then try unscrewing it. Repeat until the screw comes loose. If you have a screw that is out and has a residue on it you need to remove hold the screw with pliers and heat is gently with a cig lighter, wiping the residue off on a paper towel as it liquefies.

HEY THANKS GUYS...........WILL TRY THE BRUSH FIRST AN THEN WILL TRY A LIGHTER AN I WILL SEE WHICH 1 DOES BETTER.AS SOON AS I AM DONE I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHICH SEEMS TO DO BETTER.A FRIEND OF MINE SAID HE HAS USED OVEN CLEANER BEFORE AN THAT DID A TERRIFIC JOB BUT MESSY.THANKS AGAIN..

Latest posts

Back