Lone Wolf Treestands, Summit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had a LW sit and climb since 2005. Not the most comfortable climber but light, quiet and easy in and out. Very little up keep. I was looking for some replacement belts and have found none. I did discover that they are no longer in business something to do with legal problems. I guess Andre has another company Lone Wolf Customs I believe yet no parts are available for the former product. Are the faithful customers gonna be left hanging? Summit is now made in China what`s a guy gonna do? I`m to old for them saddle deals.

At least with Summit, you can get replacement cables.
I've got an old API climber. The chains are no longer available. I might pick up a Summit Mini Viper one of these days.

They would still have to make them to spec in China or Summit could get sued big time if they sold an inferior product.
It's too bad that American jobs are getting farmed out to cheap labor.
I do see older used Summits for sale here and there locally as well as Ebay.
Those saddles aren't for everyone. I don't think I'd like one.

I have had a LW sit and climb since 2005. Not the most comfortable climber but light, quiet and easy in and out. Very little up keep. I was looking for some replacement belts and have found none. I did discover that they are no longer in business something to do with legal problems. I guess Andre has another company Lone Wolf Customs I believe yet no parts are available for the former product. Are the faithful customers gonna be left hanging? Summit is now made in China what`s a guy gonna do? I`m to old for them saddle deals.
I love my Summit Viper self climbers, I got the orig ( 26lbs ) not fun on long treks into the woods, but very comfortable for dark to dark hunting, easy & quiet on & off as well as climbing. I sold it & bought the Viper mini ( alum - 18lbs & sound deadening ). Its on the cramped side when I have to wear my cold weather gear, but not intolerable & still comfortable for dark to dark hunting & that weight reduction was wonderful on this old body. I've checked out other self climbers including WOLF, I wouldn't choose any of them over the Viper. I'm too dang old for saddle hunting as well. Thats something I only wished I'd have had as an option when I was young & healthy.
I did not know that the Summit stands are now made in freakin China, dang, not cool.

Deermanok--Chains for API stands are available if you know where to look, jut go to Tractor Supply or Rural King and take a piece of your chain with you. Ask them for agricultural chain that size, been buying it for yrs instead of paying ridiculous prices for API chain. Not sure but its something like 2010 chain or some such.
They will cut you how much you need or you can bu it in 10-20ft lengths.

Deermanok--Chains for API stands are available if you know where to look, jut go to Tractor Supply or Rural King and take a piece of your chain with you. Ask them for agricultural chain that size, been buying it for yrs instead of paying ridiculous prices for API chain. Not sure but its something like 2010 chain or some such.
They will cut you how much you need or you can bu it in 10-20ft lengths.
Thanks for the tip. There's a tracker supply not too far from me.

I bought one of the Assault models- was this the company that Andre took back?? When I was looking to purchase a hang-on and sticks last year I noticed that both companies had "Lone Wolf" in their name. Andre's products sounded great, but not great enough to spend twice as much considering the amount of hang and hunt I do.

I bought one of the Assault models- was this the company that Andre took back?? When I was looking to purchase a hang-on and sticks last year I noticed that both companies had "Lone Wolf" in their name. Andre's products sounded great, but not great enough to spend twice as much considering the amount of hang and hunt I do.
A lot of younger guys going this route and they don`t even blink at the cost. That`s not me.

I have an original Summit Viper very comfortable but getting heavier each year. I took off the stock heavy seat and put a Hazemore mesh seat on it and works great. It’s super light and pushes out of the way easily to stand to use long bow.

I have an original Summit Viper very comfortable but getting heavier each year. I took off the stock heavy seat and put a Hazemore mesh seat on it and works great. It’s super light and pushes out of the way easily to stand to use long bow.
Just curious, you can shoot your long bow no problem out of the summit treestand?

I have a Summit Titan {I am a bigger guy}, and while I like it {hunted out of it this morning, actually}, I am finding the saddle more “practical” in that I can use mostly any tree and they are surprisingly comfortable. My Summit was creaking a ton today and I have no idea why…very unsettling.

I've tried a number of climbers in the woods and just couldn't get the hang of it. Cumbersome and rather heavy. I could never stay quiet with one. I've got a tree saddle coming soon along with three climbing sticks each with a three step aider. I plan on being able to get up a tree at least eighteen feet.

Back