Lone Wolf Treestands, Summit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried a number of climbers in the woods and just couldn't get the hang of it. Cumbersome and rather heavy. I could never stay quiet with one. I've got a tree saddle coming soon along with three climbing sticks each with a three step aider. I plan on being able to get up a tree at least eighteen feet.
Started out in the 80`s with loc ons then went to ladders also. A few years later I tried some friends climbers and settled on Lone Wolf sit and climb. Also I use natural blinds and have been very successful with this method. Don`t do loc ons and steps anymore. Be safe my friend.

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm a new arrival. I use a Lone Wolf Assault II with three sticks. I pack it in and out for each hunt. I had a friend looking to buy one and when he told me the price I told him he must be looking at the wrong stand, because it was insanely high. Turns out the owner of Lone Wolf, who sold the company and name, ended up taking legal action against the company to get the name back and start up business again under Lone Wolf Customs, which appear to be priced as a Gucci tree stand.

The other company is still making their product in the USA and go by the name of Novix. Hope this helps.

I have a summit, API, and treewalker that still get used. I guess I settled for a bit of weight for more comfort with most.
The orig Summit Viper weighed 26lbs, but it was quiet to put up/take down & climb & comfortable for dark to dark hunting. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I sold it in hard times & by body got wrecked & the weight was too much for me. I got the new 18lb sound deadened mini viper now.

Deermanok--Chains for API stands are available if you know where to look, jut go to Tractor Supply or Rural King and take a piece of your chain with you. Ask them for agricultural chain that size, been buying it for yrs instead of paying ridiculous prices for API chain. Not sure but its something like 2010 chain or some such.
They will cut you how much you need or you can bu it in 10-20ft lengths.
What shrink wrap do you use for the new chain? Thank you.

The wrap for those API is almost its achiles heel. They dont last long, and you have to be diligent in replacing them. Using the stand with a naked chain lets bark and chips get lodged in the chain and has caused chain failure. I started using regular clear tube from any hardware store. I forget the size now either 1/2 or 3/4. It seems to be too tight, but you need to feed a pull line through first (something stout to handle a bit of tug) I tie one end to a column in the basement then use a heat gun on the tube trying to warm it all as even as possible, then use the feed line to pull the chain through. Best way is one quick pull no stop.

I do some of both. I tried the Lone wolf hand climber & just didn't like it, its super light for sure. This year I finally found a summit viper elite - no longer made but basically a viper with round tubes that is lighter. I also use a lone wolf assault hang on & sticks, the early 1 that's lighter. If I have preselected a tree the climber works on ill use it, but really almost prefer a hang on & sticks, goes in any tree and i have the ability to work around branches.

Latest posts

Back