Looking at maybe building a kit.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three underhammers by Pecatonica. Doug is most helpful in all aspects of your build. I gave him my bbl on two of the builds (Bauska) he did the dovetail cuts, BP and nipple , ramrod pipes installed etc, to my specifications. Stock work was simple (as it gets anyway LOL), Fitting the Niedner style buttplate took the longest. I got the wood to metal fit at the action, easily done, and still glassed with a stained Brownell's recipe for added strength. Stock thru bolt hole was spot on. Nice to have the safety net of Doug's knowledgeable and friendly staff to call on. He is now working on a hvy bbl false muzzle bench gun for me, another UH. His switch bbl concept is the best and in my kit I got complete from him with a 50 and 54 Colerain bbl is my #1 BP gun. I realize you aren't building a UH, just want to let you know what to expect from a Pecatonica kit build of any kind.....Mossie PS I know I've shown these pics before but redundancy is the privilege of old age

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    654.4 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    628.8 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back