Looking back

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have right at 30K in my water system. I sold a lot of guns to finish that off. While I wish I could have kept them, they saw little to no use, and the water system sees daily use.
The system includes a well for the house at 30gpm, a spring with about a 2000 gallon per day output for the yard, two 2100 gallon cisterns and pumps. I don't regret turning the guns into a water system, but would rather have been born rich.
Set up this way, my well pump only kicks on every month to month and a half.

I had a TC Hawken .50 cal that I received as a gift from my parents in ‘77. It was a lot of fun as well as good shooter, using poly patches and round balls. Unfortunately it was stolen. Big time bummer.
Regrets selling, Savage 24S .22/20 ga to finance a .22 mag. Another, Winchester pre64 94 30-30 for college expenses.
Now it’s time to let go of some current items and try to replace those that are gone.

I had a TC Hawken .50 cal that I received as a gift from my parents in ‘77. It was a lot of fun as well as good shooter, using poly patches and round balls. Unfortunately it was stolen. Big time bummer.
Regrets selling, Savage 24S .22/20 ga to finance a .22 mag. Another, Winchester pre64 94 30-30 for college expenses.
Now it’s time to let go of some current items and try to replace those that are gone.
I have been looking for a Savage 24S .22/20 ga.for year's. 😢

I have been looking for a Savage 24S .22/20 ga.for year's. 😢
Big money these days.
I was 11 when I bought mine from a friend of my dad’s. $40 and came with some 20 ga 71/2’s. Sold it to a friends father for $50 to put toward a .22 mag. years later. Told him if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know. Years later after my military enlistment was completed, I ask him if he was ready to sell it back to me. He said he had just sold it a couple of weeks prior to me asking him.

Back