Looking for a new sight...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaHunter

Reaction score
I would like to get a new fiber optics sight for my PSE bow this season. I am looking for advice on the newer models available. I really only would use two pins maybe three tops. Any suggestions???

HHA Optimiser 5000.....several different options in this series, even a crosshair. Movable sites are way cool. I've used this site for 4 years. Luv it.

Sword Acu-site you can get it in .010,.019 or .039 size pins I bought mine at Bass& Bucks in wabash In.

I came to the conclusion today that I really dont like my site. Nothing wrong with it and lowlight vis is pretty good. #1 reason I am unhappy is because the pins come from the right to center and cover up the right side of the target. Never really noticed it before but shot today from my treestand @ my Glendell and it drove me NUTS!

I am thinking of a single pin moveable sight like spit talks about. I am also looking at pendulum sites.

Can you pro's lead me in the right direction?

jess100x122av.gif

I like Truglow Range Rovers

Slider type with 1 big pin, Tritium illuminated, durable and deadly for hunting. You could put a small pin on if you shoot 3D or long shots.

I know one thing not to get if you have to walk through the thick stuff to your stand, the sights with the open front and exposed fiber optics. Got on the stand Wed. night, look down at the sight and the fiber optic strand disappeared on my 25 yd pin. I am also in the market for a single pin now.

IndianaHunter said:
JJ, this is what I ended up with...

Toxonics MK-953 Micro Adjust 3-Pin Bow Sight

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

I think a single pin would work well but your going to cover part of the target no matter what style you use.....

Single pin from the bottom actually covers nothing......the slender sight post that hold the fiber optic usually lines up with the front leg. Also it is awesome for 3D work in the off season. As a bonus HHA makes a crosshair version. 8)
http://www.hhasports.com/Sights/OLite.htm

Thanks again spit, that's the one I was looking for but couldn't remember who made it.

Well then again, I'm not really sure. The fiber optic is exposed on this one too. Maybe I need to cover it with a Crown Royal bag or something like it, on the way into the stand.

JJ......That sight from Vital Bow Gear would actually be my FIRST choice.

A friend of mine has one and I have used it. AWESOME!
Some of the fiber optics seem a little vulnerable but two things stand out about this sight.
1. The scope actually fits a 1/4" hunting peep perfectly. Making it easy to center the scope appature in your sight picture.
2. The yardage markers in fber optics are a Great Big Help in early and late hours. Also the pin is very small.

You will not see the durability of the HHA in this scope, but it would be my next one. :wink:

Latest posts

Back