Looking to buy a shooting rest any suggestions?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmerdeer

Reaction score
What kind is better, the units that are one piece or the regular two piece? Caldwell has the slad (I think?) and the rock with which one would accuracy be better given the same conditions? Or other brand names.Thanks
Elmer

I like the Rock, personally. I want to feel more of the gun than a lead sled allows.

I use the Benchmaster. I believe I'm holding to about 1/2" at 100yds with that rest, and the strap behind the butt of the gun really takes the recoil off you.

With which one (rest) do you guys get more consitent groups and not think there is human error involved? Thanks
Elmer.

I use a 1988 Ford Festiva sissors jack. :shock: It's mounted to a base made from a peice of wood and the bag on top is made from a shotgun knee rest used in turkey hunting. The foam was removed and sand added. It cradles the gun beautifully. Vertically adjustable for elevation and Rock solid. :) The rear rest is car innertube with sand. Kinda RED GREEN but satisfies the miser in me :lol:

Spitpatch said:
I use a 1988 Ford Festiva sissors jack. :shock: It's mounted to a base made from a peice of wood and the bag on top is made from a shotgun knee rest used in turkey hunting.
Hey Spit, you didn't get that idea from Cayugad did ya? I remember seeing a post of his on another forum once where he made a homemade rest out of a scissor jack. Isn't there a saying that says "necessity is the mother of invention"? :)

Latest posts

Back