Lungbuster1's KBR Range Report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun

Reaction score
Lungbuster had computer problems so I posted these for him. He will be by shortly to fill all of you in.

Cajun said:
Lungbuster had computer problems so I posted these for him. He will be by shortly to fill all of you in.

OK Fellers here it is , Sorry but I just could not get those to post STUPID DIALUP Going to get the D S L Soon.

PICX of the target was shot at 75yds, My load was 85gr of triple 7 2fg loose , the bullets tryed were NEX 460gr - U C Shorts 445gr - T C Maxi hunter 350gr - P R Ultimate 1 450gr and Hornady G P 385gr.

TH two shots coverd with tape were the G P The two Higher shots Were With the P R Ult. 1 the Middle shot was the T C M H Now for the good part
The bulls eye that you are looking at is acctually a 2.25" circal that I traced around a bottle of sent-away spray bottle .

The small cluster hole is a 8 shot group 4 shots with the 460gr NEX .504 and 4 shots with UNDERCLOCKS U C Shorts 445gr .504.

I have placed a order with Dan at BULL SHOP for 200 of ea. Can't waite for them to get here so I can see what the KRB will do at 100 - 150 yds as soon as I have tryed them at that dist. I will try to post some more PICX.

Any one that is wanting a good Conical gun and can't find a WHITE I would HIGHLY recom. the KNIGHT KRB.

Thanks again CAJUN You are Awsome

Ron G.
LB1

My White does about the same with the 460 gr NE in .451.
Good luck with the longer ranges, but you are going to need to lob them onto paper at 150! With 70 gr of Pyro P I am just under 3" high at 75 and about 9" low at 150 (dead on at 105) with still over 1100 fpe. Not really a problem in 99% of the stands I have, but one needs a 175 yard shooter. I guess I NEED to get a good sabot shooter for that stand.

UC, not yet, the ones I had (tc cheapshots) were too tight to load. I did get some old PR bullets (240 gr .40 cal QT?) that were marketed by Knight and some TC XR 155 gr 10mm XTP's last week at work. Both of these would load easily down a clean barrel, but I have not shot them yet. I really hope the PR bullets shoot, they look like they will work well on paper as far as energy. If they shoot I could just get another set of QR rings from Leupold and use two scopes, one for the conical and one for the sabots.

I don't see the 240 gr QT in the current PR line, though. I guess I have 40 of them so I will use them till they are gone and then try the 250 gr DC's from PR. Of course, IF these shoot I won't need a new rifle :cry: .

Back