Lyman .50 Deerstalker flintlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG1894

Reaction score
ESo now I have 3 Lyman front stuffers. GPR 54 kit, Plains Pistol 54 kit and now a 50 cal Deerstalker flintlock. I just recently picked this up through a private sale and never thought I'd ever fancy and rubber recoil pad or fiber optic sights on a traditional flintlock shooster. But I kinda like it. Shoulders nice, points true and seems to be something that would carry nice compared to my GPR or Pedersoli Frontier.  I'm going to look forward to taking this out this fall in hopes of harvesting a deer with a cast roundball, cut patch and a 80gr charge of Goex 3F and primed pan of 4F.  :rendeer:

image_zps1bnm2r1x.jpeg

Recoil pad will be a lot nicer than the curved solid butt plates. I have permanent bruises from those things.

With an 80gr charge of Goex 3F your shoulder will appreciate the recoil pad.  :D  Good luck with her!

Without a doubt one of those under appreciated rifles.  I have the percussion version.

Well she shoots nice! I had a couple misfires but cured that when I remembered to clear the vent hole liner. I used the TC Agate flints that came with it but will switch to some English flints shortly.
I shot at 50yds until I was happy with the groups then moved on to 75yds. Still good to go at this range, then I fired two at 100yds. My rb's landed about 9" low POA so my 2nd shot I compensated and hit bang on!!
I'm pretty happy so far.

Latest posts

Back