Lyman Mustang 209 Breakaway loading jags

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkinderman

Reaction score
The ram rod that comes with this gun is metric thread. Does anyone know where to get 5mm loading jags.
The gun only comes with 1 5mm cleaning jag and the ram rod is rather unusual in design, making it difficult to just replace the ram rod.

Lyman

Try giving their service dept. a call at (800) 225-9626. Maybe they can help you out.

Are you sure about that. The ramrod on my Mustang takes 10-32 thread cleaning jags. I use a spin jag on it also with 10-32 threads.

Yes Im sure. I made a 5mm to 10/32 adapter but it sticks out so far in front of the muzzle.
This may noy be a problem but I just don't like it.

If nothing else, get a replacement ramrod for an Encore. My dad has a Mustang and wasn't crazy about the ramrod. I had an extra rod from my Encore (bought a fiberglass one to replace the aluminum). Works fine on his Mustang.

I just got an e-mail from Lyman stating that I can buy a replcement ram rod. It has 10/32 threads? They must have shipped mine with the europeon ram.

Latest posts

Back