Made a pretty good deal this weekend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
1-DSCN0429_zpsec79c882.jpg

For many years now, I have had a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot on my Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum revolver. I have looked at pistol scopes but never made the jump. Well this weekend I was visiting a very good friend who is suffering some health issues. And while there, he had some chores that he just could not do, because of his injuries. So I told him to sit down and rest and worked for a while doing all the chores he could not do. We were being chased by a massive thunder storm, so I really had to bust my you know what to do it.

To make a long story short.. we wanted to pay me and I refused. You never charge for helping a friend. So he sold me a brand new Simmons Pro Hunter 2x20mm handgun scope for next to nothing.

Do I like that scope on the revolver. I am positive once I get it sighted in, if I can carry my walking stick, I am going to be deadly with that to moderate range. And that will make a nice walking around the woods gun.

I only have twenty cartridges. So before I shoot them all off, I better check and make sure I can purchase another box of them somewhere. But I think that will be a very handy revolver for woods walks.

Back