Make and model of this pistol.................

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it might degrade accuracy, but your gun will have a forcing cone at the rear, but it will for sure not seal in the cylinder when ignition begins. I dont think RBs obturate very much , thats why the cone in the breech end. You could search for balls or a mold in .314 to .316 but a .32 ball would fit tightly going into the cylinder and get made to the correct size to fit into the forcing cone in the barrel where it will grab the rifling and start its spinning. Maybe the .32 will be too tight. Idk how easily you’ll find the round balls that are slightly bigger than .312.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Pocket or.Wells Fargo 1862 it is a 32 as mentioned FIE made, no longer in business. but an awesome find
I dont think its a ‘62. Those usually didnt have the flat sides on the lower barrel attachment. But the Italians didnt always get the exact details right. And all the Colts looked very similar for a long time, from the 40s to the 60s. I think FIE was the importer not the actual builder, correct me if im wrong. PR was maybe Riva Estarina? I thought it was a Pietta initially but thats wrong too.

Latest posts

Back