MGM Encore BP Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MGM states their barrel is a muzzleloader profile. I was hoping to find someone who has one that could provide a little feedback.

MGM states their barrel is a muzzleloader profile. I was hoping to find someone who has one that could provide a little feedback.

Yes, I have one. It is the MGM stamped .40 x 209 it’s the same profile as the Original TC .50 x 209 Muzzleloader barrel.

Yes, I have one. It is the MGM stamped .40 x 209 it’s the same profile as the Original TC .50 x 209 Muzzleloader barrel.
40 or 45? I didn't know they offered a 40. I'm buying a 45 for a buddy of mine and was curious what loads worked best out of that barrel? The video with Dillon and Luke shows they used 125gr/v with a 300gr XLD bullet I believe. I'm assuming since Dillon from MGM loaded 125gr/v the barrel is rated for at least that?

40 or 45? I didn't know they offered a 40. I'm buying a 45 for a buddy of mine and was curious what loads worked best out of that barrel? The video with Dillon and Luke shows they used 125gr/v with a 300gr XLD bullet I believe. I'm assuming since Dillon from MGM loaded 125gr/v the barrel is rated for at least that?

I think they call it a 10 mm barrel, it is a .392” / .400” Shilen with the ASG 209 Breech plug. Not sure, but I’m thinking that .45 is a “Preferred” Brand Barrel for Black Powder Subs Only?

Back