Might want to listen to this....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a nuisance law suit, but like many it was cheaper to pay it. The next thing will be to sue a company for selling a steak knife that someone uses to kill someone. Bass Pro/Cabelas did nothing wrong. In Ohio, it is up to the convicted felon NOT to purchase the pistol. I'm battling an auction company in Ohio over shipping a ML to Michigan. They want it to go to a FFL. Ohio or Michigan law does not require it.

“Bryan Galliher would be alive today if Cabela’s had followed Ohio law to keep black powder guns out of the hands of prohibited purchasers,” Lowy said.

Really?
If the man went to the trouble to buy a black powder revolver, supplies and learn how to use it, I would say he was pretty intent on killing his neighbor.

I think every civilization has gone through a similar process to what we in the firearms world are undergoing now, and have been undergoing since before the formation of the United States as a nation. There has ALWAYS been something that the educated elite wanted to prevent the less well off from having in every civilization that has ever existed. And the suppression of that particular thing eventually, has led to the civilizations downfall.

The Second Amendment was crucial to the passage of the Bill of Rights, and thus the Constitution. Many educated elitists in the 18th Century were firmly against individual firearms ownership, and almost prevented the creation of our country.

It has taken the better part of two and three quarters centuries for them to acquire enough power to try and eliminate individual firearms ownership in the only country in the world where such a thing was thought to be absolute, and they are giving it their best shot.

Every company like Bass Pro Shops, and Cabela's that capitulates just makes things a little worse.

I ordered a BP revolver from Midway and they wouldn't sell it to me cause I live in Washington State. Said they didn't like our gun laws. So I ordered it from another dealer and it was delivered to my door step.

Every company like Bass Pro Shops, and Cabela's that capitulates just makes things a little worse.

Several years ago, Cabelas would not ship a muzzleloader to me in Michigan despite no Michigan law prohibiting such.

Welcome to new jersey where you need a firearms id card to buy a bb gun........I believe sling-shots are exempt, but that might change.

Welcome to new jersey where you need a firearms id card to buy a bb gun........I believe sling-shots are exempt, but that might change.

When I moved to Michigan in 1988, a handgun firearms permit was required to purchase a .22 caliber pellet pistol.

Back