Mil Dot Reticle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodtrail1

Reaction score
I will be looking to get a 3 x 9 Sightron next on my list....Would I want a mil dot reticle? or not? What advantage to getting one?

I have just installed a Bushnell 3200 10X mildot on my Omega. I plan to work up an accurate ballistics chart and then convert the drop into mildots every 5 yards out to 250 yards. This is not what the mildot was developed for as it is for computing the distance to a target. I will sight the rifle in for 150 yards which is my usual shooting distance and then will be able to hold under or over a very accurate amount of mildots if I know the distance to the target. If I have a deer walk through the shooting lane, lets say at 195 yards, I will first have to range the target with my laser range finder to find the distance and then look at the chart to figure how many mildots to hold over. Of course by this time the deer is no longer there. But lets say I expect the deer to be at 150 yards where I am sighted in and have a trail crossing my shooting lane at 210
yards. I already know the mildots for this range so I can shoot quickly. Hope this helps.

Fran

Latest posts

Back