modal 88 win.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Reaction score
I got a modal 88 win. in 308 win. any one else hand load for one and whats your load finding this guy is fussy! it hates boat tale bullets.

win 88.

Hi rawhide. I have one ,shoots great.Try flat base hornaday 150 and 165 and winchester 748 and win 760 powder and win large rifle primers.Cant remeber the exact load but they were loaded to what the win pantfit called for.Some were in the47.0 grain range if I remember correctly.Mine is brand new.It still had grease on the bolt.Only fired 10 shots out of it.5 150 and 5 165s and I had a old aimpoite 1x scope on it and bore sighted.All 10 shots were with in 1''at 50 yds.Surprised me all to the devil.Anyways hope this helps you.Ps if you ever need to fix that gun for any thing they are a nightmare.But on utube there is a fellow from Browneels that shows a complete dis and assembly for the win88.I think he was a retired navy seal.Hope this helps also.Chester 35

I have 3, 2 in .308 and one in .243 I load Speer 165 gr in the .308s with a medium portion of Bl-C2...Gives me great results. I can't remember my load for the .243....I'll look when I get home. The 88 is a great platform...not great triggers, but that can be learned and the ones I have are very consistant shooters. Had a .284 that I should never have let get away from me......it was a great shooter.

I had a 308. Trigger was very "creepy" so I sold it on down the line. Cool gun but not much for accuracy in my experience. Ymmv

Bob

Back