Model 91 versus Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with Doc tonight, he’s got me thinking of one of his new Bison’s versus a Super 91. It was also interesting discussing shooting BH 209 out his guns. He says no problem at all. Apparently I’m not the only full who went into to the more modern ML’s only to return to a White
Well, doc knows more about muzzleloaders than I ever will but I've owned a couple Bison, still have my 540. They are great rifles but my feeling is the Super 91s have the advantage of the extra recoil lug, just a better rifle overall in my opinion. He does have some Bisons for sale right now so there is that.
Also, it is my opinion that he ought not be telling people to shoot the BH209 in anything but the Thunderbolts.
My face ain't perfect but it's all I got.

Well, doc knows more about muzzleloaders than I ever will but I've owned a couple Bison, still have my 540. They are great rifles but my feeling is the Super 91s have the advantage of the extra recoil lug, just a better rifle overall in my opinion. He does have some Bisons for sale right now so there is that.
Also, it is my opinion that he ought not be telling people to shoot the BH209 in anything but the Thunderbolts.
I’m sure it’s a very handsome face!

IMO I would not even shoot it in a Tbolt unless I had a correctly head spaced custom breech plug with a tungsten bushing and matched to a specific 209 primer. BH needs as perfect a seal as you can get. If not, it will find a way out. If it finds a way out it will gas cut.

You might get away with shooting BH in a White for a while, how long, who knows but someday it will jump up and bite you in the:moon:

In my opinion it is worth the opening bid .... but not the buy it now price.
especially when you add in the shipping.
the seller is an honest person to deal with . I have bought from him in the past. At least that was my experience with him .

If I were buying it I would want to see a picture of the recoil lug area, both front and back with the stock removed. I'm just not sure if the older Armstechs were the same in that respect as the newer Super 91s. The lack of a trigger safety is a negative in my opinion. I do think it is a really nice looking rifle, a piece of history.

Latest posts

Back