Momma taking kids home

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid my dad and I used to hunt coons on the Snake river Hells canyon ,,Oxbow up river, some dang big ones there, Remember one almost drowned a prize Running Walker, I used to bring Scooter  [ boarder collie mut cross ] along just to kill the rattle snakes ,We hunted evenings generally get home at day light ,The KIDS dog saved that hound, coon crawled up on his head and hounds head  and went it under water Scooter jumped in and crawled on  coons head and he went under water , they both ended up under water then here come Scooter last time we saw the coon he was swimming to the Idaho side ... We would throw rocks in the creek
behind the house and he would go fetch them back,, We killed lots of coons just didn't know you could eat them. Probably tastes like Chicken ,,,

There are so many here that I just shoot them whenever I can. I never ate one but have given them away to some folks who do. They like to barbecue them.

patocazador said:
There are so many here that I just shoot them whenever I can. I never ate one but have given them away to some folks who do. They like to barbecue them.

Here they have a season on them but we eat them. I just soon Par Boil them then Bake seasoned with Sage, Salt and Pepper, just like Possum and Groundhog.

My Grandma always left the Heads on.

oneshot

Latest posts

Back