My 2010 deer hunting outlook for Massachusetts...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
I did not :( draw an antlerless tag in the deer management zone(DMZ) I first wanted, so will have to settle for my second choice.

I did draw :) a lottery tag to hunt a controlled area during our muzzleloader season. ( This area is where I scored last year using a ML during shotgun season). I've gotten lucky in the past drawing a shotgun(1st firearms season) tag for this area, but never a muzzleloader(2nd firearms season) tag...so it will be something different and therefore fun hunting :D )

This coming 2010 season it looks like I'm going to have to work EXTRA hard in putting the crosshairs on a deer.

2010 ARCHERY SEASON - Oct. 18th - Nov 27th (this is usually my scouting period)

2010 SHOTGUN SEASON - Nov. 29th - Dec. 11th (tough...limited to public land and bucks only for me)

2010 MUZZLELOADER SEASON - Dec. 13th - Dec. 31st (Although this is a more challenging time weather-wise and hunting later in the season, this will probably be my best chance to pull the trigger since I can take either sex. )

I still have a lot of work to do on the range. One smoke gun is ready, but two more to work-up loads for and sight in.

You might have more to do but look at the fun you will have.

I have a no lottery "A" season area for shotgun and another spot picked out for ML season. Plus, I plan to go to Vermont for their ML season, I put in for an antlerless tag but haven't heard anything yet.

I got a first hunt muzzle loader permit for a WMA oct 28th and pulled General gun 3 weeks later in a different WMA. 2 different areas to scout now.Good thing one area is only 10 min from the house the other is 25 min. Great thing is that one area they only allow 15 hunters for 7500 acres and I got that gem of Permit for that hunt.

I to have to get my gun ready doing that in 2 weeks.

good luck on your hunt

d5nuke,

Sounds like you will have a great place to hunt with that few of hunters.

I sure hope it will be a good season. I was happy to get a area with so few hunter allowed. That way I wont watch the sun come up from my stand and see some guy 75 yards away sitting in a tree also.LOL

my stateland zone in ct is now an A and B season no lottery zone this year. if my private land spots are still a go i'll take the B season. only 4 tags for archery 3 for shotgun rifle, and 3 for muzzleloader! Sorry Marty!!!

also plan to do a week in maine this year. no doe permit!

Back